Feedback v0.99v.22

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:36 pm

Re: Word of caution...

Hey everyone,
I will to try to keep myself a brief. I am aware of alphas, and tools like this. I know the risks one takes. Nevertheless i would like to report....a bug?
I was using your tool (wich is amaizing by the way, good job!) for a while, when suddenly my monitor durned off.
I thought "shit, that just fried my graphics card". My PC didn't make any noises, but i still panicked. I turned it off, on, nothing.
Second time, boot up screen and it went to "no signal" again.
I thought "weird". I hooked up another monitor. Same.
I then started the PC in safe mode (per som forums), and ta-da, it works now.

Apparently, not trying to assume anything, while i was running your tool, somehow, my display resolution got changed to somethinng my monitor doesn't support. It could be driver issues (I will take care of that right after posting this).
I just wanted to mention it in case it happens to people and they dont know what to do, and also draw attention from the developer for the problem in case its a bug.

I also wanted to apologize if this has been posted before, or if i posted in the wrong place. I tried to find anything related.

I will post my Introduction, and my rig tomorrow, because it is very late where i live, and i am afraid that i had a bit to drink beforehand.

Your software is amazing tho, and i was very impressed by what it could do. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Z.

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:19 pm

I will move this post in a moment into the Community threads, but I wanted you to know that I saw it and will have a look at it. It shouldn't change the resolution...it's a bit strange... anyway! I'm asking for the desktop resolution before I go full screen, you know, so it should actually keep the same exact settings. :shrug:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:25 pm

Hey There

My system specs are

Resolution: 1920x1080 @ 60Hz

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 16GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

My Drivers tell me they are up to date.

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:41 pm

I have almost the same specs (look at my signature)!
I do not know what is happening for you there, that is very surprising. I wonder, if you have somehow changed the graphics card settings somehow? I can't explain it any other way, but this should technically be impossible. Have you tried it again?

Either way: Great Machine! Verve should run beautifully on it. :)

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: Feedback v0.99v.22

So far i have used it 2 times. It never repeated. Maybe it was a 1-time thing. Lets Hope .
Anyway, thanks for the compliment. You have an awesome machine too.
Besides my problem that one time, it runs flawlessly. i am slowly getting the hang of the shortcuts and dials ^^.

You did something really amazing :bow: ,
and i wanted to thank you again.

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:54 pm

PHEWWWW...I'm very happy you kept your courage and went for it again! :beer:
You had me puzzled there for a moment, haha, but this kinda stuff happens. Especially when something new like Verve shows up and you don't know what to expect. If anything goes wrong, even outside of it, it's totally normal to assume the worst. We've had funny stuff happening among our veterans here, so...it's all good! And- heck- am I glad! :D

Well, can't wait to see your "first doodle" in FIRST DOODLE Thread! c:!

Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Oh, now this is a real bug, I did today paint on my new artwork and I'm sure I did have used brush 7 or 8, and with 0% fluids, because I did paint hard edges and I didnt hit shift or ctrl/shif and I was on paint mode, but I did recognized, that also around on my brush the painting get blur :oops: - after a restart it was ok :ob
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Very interesting, Zero, never had that happen. Those are the most difficult things to "repair", because they are likely impossibly to reproduce. If you find a good way to run into that problem again, let me know, please! :geek:
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]