Custom brushes ?

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:02 am

Custom brushes ?

Custom brushes, how do I create them if possible ?

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:53 am

Re: Custom brushes ?

WELCOME TO THE FORUM, AR! :beer:
Yes, you can almost fully customize brushes, while you pick "bristle" styles with the number keys (not num pad) and there's the brush GUI in the middle of the main GUI, where you can adjust bristle size, amount and various style specific settings (hue variation per bristle, rotation/oscillation of bristles, chaos and, of course, brush size (min and max), pen pressure for opacity and size and a "mouse mode" (which uses stroke speed as pressure, if you have pressure active). Then there is the image brush, which allows you to use "captured" images, which are controlled in the little brush image GUI in the upper left corner. Last but not least, I have much of it documented in the INFO thread you'll find under Download & Info...
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:59 am

If you are still around you could check this link about brush images:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2511&start=10
I once tried to get a bit of information together.
They are not working like in Photoshop. Spacing is to big, but a lot of options are unique.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:56 am

Hey Knacki, of course I'm still around! :ugeek:
To get tighter spacing right now, you have to use HIGH SPEED mode, but eventually I will make a whole new brush engine with a partially different system. This should then allow to have not only tighter spacing, but additional means to interpret strokes and what images do along them. The image brush is a bit of a stepchild in Verve, because it initially (like many things) it was just a way to test a concept. My main idea in all of Verve is to have a far more organic behavior throughout, avoiding the stale, digital behavior of paint apps. But I'm not riding on principles blindly. There's a use for everything and also an appeal. I really can't wait to be on top of things in life again, so I can resume with Verve properly. It's a tough time, but it all happens for a reason and by choice. Anyway, I still love Verve, still love working on it and still have properly big plans for it! 8-)
Thanks for everything you're doing, Knacki! :hug:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]