Vervette Fluid Sandbox...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Sun May 02, 2021 5:01 pm

Re: Vervette Fluid Sandbox...

I'm still refining blending methods, but this is getting really exciting now. All still without fluids...

Interesting part: You're looking at 3 layers...
• background sky and ground and one cloud
• more clouds, greenery
• eye in the sky
Attachments
Snapshot68.jpg
Snapshot68.jpg (517.78 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun May 02, 2021 8:07 pm

Thx Taron, for fast help! Now it worx.
Indeed, turning off the "Windows ink" helped. That's interesting because there are a lot of software nowadays which promotes that "WinInk" technique (Photoshop, Lazy Nezumi, etc.).
I use Win10, 32 Gbyte Ram and latest version of Firefox (v88.0, 64-bit). :)

BTW. When are you going to release full version of Verve(ette) and how much will you charge for it ? :o

Site Admin

Post Sun May 02, 2021 8:25 pm

I'll try to get it out asap, but that may be another month or two. I really want it to please right off the bet. I'm thinking about charging 10 Euro to buy an account, which provides permanent access to Vervette's core features. Those will be plentiful and will certainly include fluids and the general brush system as well as all standards like layers and blend modes. It will have masking and transforms and some basic guide system. When I get to add new features, I may search for a way to make them commercial add-ons, too, which will vary in pricing, but I don't know, yet. One thing I have planned, however, is a massive game-changer and should make Vervette a unique new platform of artistic exchange and creation...I'll have to see how well I can pull this off, but it would open a whole new world for how we can expand a paint application as a community. Loads and loads of fun and immense productivity. We will invent and innovate together! c:!

Well, I'm just happy right now that you've got it to work, that's good! :ob ...again, I prefer Chrome with it, which I used to dislike, but on win7 it really performs beautifully with Vervette. But, hey, if you have no troubles with Firefox, great! 8-)
OH, and don't hold back to post any doodle here, too! :hyper:

Site Admin

Post Sun May 02, 2021 11:24 pm

A cloud at night...
Attachments
Snapshot69.jpg
Snapshot69.jpg (338 KiB) Viewed 2829 times

Site Admin

Post Thu May 06, 2021 10:17 pm

Pilou's psychedelic geometry islands...what a trip! c:!

Well, I'm pretty thrilled with the resolutions one can work with while I haven't optimized anything. But as I went to 5000x6000, I realized that can do some simple optimizations and it's as blazing as any tiny resolution. Being able to blend/smudge without fluids as beautiful as with makes this a stunning experience. Once fluids are up, things will change quite a bit, though, and I'm sure it would melt one or two gfx boards, hahahaha...umpf... but it's totally possible. I'll work it out. It's getting pretty wicked for sure! :hyper:
Attachments
Snapshot76.jpg
Snapshot76.jpg (868.03 KiB) Viewed 2872 times
Snapshot75goof.jpg
Snapshot75goof.jpg (811 KiB) Viewed 2872 times
Snapshot73.jpg
Snapshot73.jpg (382.45 KiB) Viewed 2872 times

Site Admin

Post Fri May 07, 2021 1:01 pm

Dev Log:
Oh man... brainteasers never end with this stuff. As it happens, things become gradually more complicated and every challenge inspires more elaborate thinking, which can lead to eventually overthinking stuff. One curious challenge I'm up against right now is a truly weird one: Controlling the movement through the noise along the brush stroke.
Thing is, my current brush is a naughty one, which calculates quadratic Bezier curves between mouse coordinates and then stipples per pixel along the curve. Nevermind the overkill this can produce, it acts pretty fantastic as a whole. Normally the noise it samples stays on the coordinates inside the brush blob, making "ordinary" streaks possible, like simulating paint between (and on) bristles. To animate that noise, I've chosen to accumulate the velocity of the stroke, meaning there is an offset coordinate which gets a chosen amount of the velocity added to it. Works perfectly. BUT for the life of me I can't quite keep the movement stable with the size of both brush and noise domain. It sounds so trivial, but somehow...

All this stuff is saturated with this sort of complications. Factors modify factors, modify values that may modify other factors that modify values and so on... Sometimes single issues are so easy and obvious, but that immediately slips into mind-bending with just one dimension of influence added.

Every time I tackle such issues and win, I grow. But that growth can lead to what I have mentioned first up there: Overthinking. What a journey this is. But the results are utterly rewarding! :hyper:

Post Fri May 07, 2021 7:09 pm

Cooking mixture of the coding chief! :hihi:
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Sat May 08, 2021 8:21 am

I've added the paint modes back into my smudge-paint and it's sort of magical. Kind of like a wild dream of an oil painter...
Attachments
Snapshot78.jpg
Snapshot78.jpg (484.09 KiB) Viewed 2837 times

Site Admin

Post Sat May 08, 2021 5:16 pm

Starting to work quite well for quick landscapes, too... (did a little bit of sharpening on it with Photoshop, but will add such filters to Vervette again, too, of course!)
Attachments
Snapshot80s.jpg
Snapshot80s.jpg (727.2 KiB) Viewed 2831 times

Site Admin

Post Sun May 09, 2021 9:40 am

Coming close to something undeniably great to paint with, especially layers, too.
In this experiment I painted:
• (LAYER 0) a textural layer
• (LAYER 1) a sky layer with clouds
• (LAYER 2) a silly tree
• (LAYER 3) some tighter shapes with shading and blending tests
Attachments
Snapshot83b.jpg
Snapshot83b.jpg (1013.14 KiB) Viewed 2993 times
PreviousNext