Strange bug that makes Verve unusable

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:08 pm

Re: Strange bug that makes Verve unusable

Windows 7 with a proper graphics card should have no troubles. But it has to have decent hardware (2Gb+ VRam). Win95, hahahaha....yeah, I can't imagine that to work.
But Access Violations are most certainly GPU related... what's the graphics card on your win 7 machine?
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:06 am

Taron wrote:Just to clarify, I've just updated my signature to reflect my current machine specs... I'm on Windows 11 on an all AMD Mini PC. :geek:

Do you have AMD Radeon Adrenaline software, and if so, what version is it on? Maybe I can rollback my version to see if that is the problem.

Taron wrote:Windows 7 with a proper graphics card should have no troubles. But it has to have decent hardware (2Gb+ VRam). Win95, hahahaha....yeah, I can't imagine that to work.
But Access Violations are most certainly GPU related... what's the graphics card on your win 7 machine?

Oh the Win85 and Win7 machine are both virtual, so I guess they are using the same graphics card as my real computer?

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:28 am

Eeeeh, yes, there probably is no such thing like a virtual graphics card, hehe, but that would be something, wouldn't it!? :hihi: :ugeek:
Adrenaline, eh...dang, I don't think so. At least it doesn't say that anywhere. Just the ordinary Radeon Software as far as I can tell. I mean, I only have the integrated RX Vega 10 here. AH, I see, one can OPTIONALLY download Adrenaline, too, which I haven't. Maybe you can temporarily take that one off?
ALSO, just to make sure, in the Verve folder you could delete the Settings.txt file, just to make sure it doesn't try to open too large a window/canvas, or so...who knows.

Post Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:20 pm

When i try to open verve it just does this like i cant click on it or open it or anything like it just stays like that. Ive noticed its kinda stopped working lately . If i revert to windows 10 do you think it wil work? I deleted it and re installed it and now it works . Weird . I wonder what the issue is :roll:
Attachments
Screenshot_104.png
Screenshot_104.png (50.46 KiB) Viewed 2566 times
Last edited by goobercool on Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:28 pm

I don't think so. I have win 11 now and no troubles. Did you delete the Settings.txt, yet? Maybe you can post here what's in it?

HOW COME it doesn't have a windows border???

Post Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:11 pm

i fix my issue... i had verve painter in "Program Files/verve" if i start verve from any other location on my harddisk --> no issues... looks like the windows update changes security issues.
Last edited by schwungsau on Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------
Heri

system: thinkPad, Xeon 6core, 128GB, window10 pro, 16GB Quadro RTX5000,
https://heribert.ca

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:00 pm

AH, interesting. Should at best be in ProgramFiles32/...since it's still just a 32bit application. Very good, Heri, thank you! :ob

Post Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:46 am

Taron wrote:Eeeeh, yes, there probably is no such thing like a virtual graphics card, hehe, but that would be something, wouldn't it!? :hihi: :ugeek:
Adrenaline, eh...dang, I don't think so. At least it doesn't say that anywhere. Just the ordinary Radeon Software as far as I can tell. I mean, I only have the integrated RX Vega 10 here. AH, I see, one can OPTIONALLY download Adrenaline, too, which I haven't. Maybe you can temporarily take that one off?
ALSO, just to make sure, in the Verve folder you could delete the Settings.txt file, just to make sure it doesn't try to open too large a window/canvas, or so...who knows.

Ok so I uninstalled Adrenaline, and there were some changes but the application still doesn't work. Now when I close the app, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION pops up. Deleting the settings file also doesn't work. I tried moving around the exe file to see if that would help, and it didn't. So frustrating!!

Post Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:09 am

AidanWalter wrote:
Taron wrote:Eeeeh, yes, there probably is no such thing like a virtual graphics card, hehe, but that would be something, wouldn't it!? :hihi: :ugeek:

Ok so I uninstalled Adrenaline, and there were some changes but the application still doesn't work. Now when I close the app, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION pops up. Deleting the settings file also doesn't work. I tried moving around the exe file to see if that would help, and it didn't. So frustrating!!

I had the same exact some error. o copy the file verve incl settings file into D drive or "C:\test" --> works fine
----------
Heri

system: thinkPad, Xeon 6core, 128GB, window10 pro, 16GB Quadro RTX5000,
https://heribert.ca

Post Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:32 am

schwungsau wrote:
AidanWalter wrote:

I had the same exact some error. o copy the file verve incl settings file into D drive or "C:\test" --> works fine

That doesn't work for me :( Also, the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION only pops up if I put the exe in a different spot than the Program Files x86 folder.
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]