Everyone, what Graphics Card are you using?

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:56 am

Re: Everyone, what Graphics Card are you using?

OK, I know FOR SURE now that Loading is limited by 32bit memory blocks, meaning it has nothing to do with the GPU and is just Verve's current 32bit restriction. I may be able to get around it! I have to figure out how I can best do it, but I will find a solution!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:23 pm

Thanks Taron,
You're very welcome, I tried to contribute with feedback, and I'm very glad to be part of this forum where people is very open and kind.
You see, that response on NVIDIA forum was deleted, I guess it was cuz I replied to it with the comparisson with the AMD forum responses which btw got deleted too.

Anyway, I hope some day those NVIDIA verve res tests will arrive here,
but now there is an active member owner of an AMD Vega (with HBCC 8GB+16GB) here in the forum.
I sort of can't wait to see to what new boundaries Verve will arrive if it somehow could make use of those 24GBs, that would be insame man. :rock:
https://techgage.com/article/a-look-at- ... vega-hbcc/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:52 am

Uh, yeah, well, I have my work cut out for myself to solve the CPU memory matters, though. So...while you may very well be able to work in really high resolutions AND actually save them, you may have to wait until I've made a version, which could load them again, ha...ha... :oops:
If I manage to write my own tablet mod for BlitzMax NG (64 bit), then all those problems should be gone. But I've never done that and am not sure, if I can. The other solution would be a strange one. I could change the way I save images (again) and figure out how to make compressed chunks that will be saved in an uncompressed collection file. Then that should load fine, I imagine. But I have to work on that for a moment.

Well, don't worry about your little journey into the pro forums. I can imagine that they may have looked at it as advertising, or so...and Pilou just informed me, that some anti-virus apps (total mafia) now considers free SSL solutions as a mismatch, trying to force people to buy services again. Pure mafia tactics. But if some on those forums have tried to get here, they might've run into this problem, too, you know. Anyway, thank you and don't worry about it! :ob

Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:33 pm

But it's very interesting to hear, that AMD Vega seems to be "weaker" than Nvidia with same VRAm.
In the tests, I didn't see wich cards they used, as the Vega is sold in different Ram versions from 8GB-16GB - if I lokked correctly.

For me, it is actually very interesting, as I need a new machine....RIP old workstation.
I guess the motherboard is gone. First day two USB ports stopped working, next day graphic card :(

I need a new toy, quickly.

Qadro 5000 offers 16 GB as well...?
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Nividia GeForce : GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Graphics .

Intel Core i7-8700 Processor ; 8th Generation ,
16 GB Memory.
2 TB ( 1.8 actual ) Hard Drive.
[[ Verve is being run off a Samsung solid state external drive. ]]

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:57 pm

I switched to a PNY GTX1660 ti, after my old Titan GTX died.
Half size, half power consumption, third of the price the titan was, well almost 6 years ago.

It's much faster. 4000x4000 is possible, but wouldn't say reliable.
Nice card for sending my workstation to retirement - well to be used as a gamer for not that massive tasks.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:57 pm

Great news, Knacki! Thanks for sharing! :ob

Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:27 am

4096MB ATI Radeon RX 470... the program seems pretty slick, really smooth at 2500x2000 pixel resolutions. Gotta try out higher res to see what happens.
My laptop has an older nvidia card (a GTX 780m 4gb if I'm not mistaken), and it's more laggy at the same res.

Does Verve use CPU? Because the laptop has a newer CPU (4 year old i7), and the Main PC with the RX470 has a really old i7 920 first gen, it's almost 13 years old lol.

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:49 am

Thanks, Francisco! Few things in Verve rely on CPU for bigger tasks. Certain brush operations can show a difference, but most of all computations happen on the GPU.
Good Feedback and welcome aboard! :beer:

Post Sun May 12, 2019 1:57 am

Im on Fujitsu T902 Tablet pc and i must say the new version with high speed function works quite well, with 100% fluidity and drying off i can have some fun painting with with my daughter.
Its intel 4000HD.Do You plan to have multitouch support so we could paint with fingers together both at the same time ? That would be cool.
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]