Everyone, what Graphics Card are you using?

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:15 am

Re: Everyone, what Graphics Card are you using?

Thanks, Solarpen! That's awesome! :hug:
4gigs are mighty fine, by the way. I will soon post a version that measures the remaining memory, thanks to a dear friend of mine! It works perfectly for NVidia. Will have to find out how well it does for ATi...info is there, though. :geek:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:03 pm

Should someone get a "RTX 2080 Super" or "RTX 2080 ti", what does people think about that? :roll:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/20-series/
TIA.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:01 am

1050 ti. No problem .

Off topic, is there a way to customize brushes ?

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:52 am

Great, thanks! I'll answer the rest in your other post, which I may move into the Community forum. I hope, you'll find it again!? :ugeek:

Post Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:00 am

Hi Taron,

thanks for the great software. I am on a GTX 1070. No problems with smaller resolutions. Verve painter crashes when setting canvas to 8192x8192. Is there a size limit?

Regards,
Gerrit

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:37 am

Wow, :o !!! Let me start off by saying: WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :beer: ...and thanks for the feedback, of course! But 8k is truly more than twice the max res I would've ever dreamed of, honestly. Besides the GPU limitation, there's still a bit of trouble with loading files that size, because Verve is still only 32bit. I would not recommend going higher than 3k with it. I'm working on alternatives, which may allow working at 4k or potentially no limit eventually, but for now it's still a bit sensitive to high resolutions.
In its heart, Verve is still a bit experimental in a way, because of its unorthodox nature, running almost entirely on the GPU with a number of buffers per image layer, which enable the complex fluid dynamics, material volume and color blending abilities. Though it is somewhat streamlined as it is, these come at a cost. :? c:!
However, when the time comes and I regain the freedom to focus on taking it to the next level, dealing with high resolutions is on top of my list right after the complete GUI revamp! :oops: :geek:
I sincerely hope this won't keep you from exploring its powers and still give you some creative joy in the meantime. And I'd be thrilled to see your "First Doodle" and anything of your explorations you'd enjoy sharing here!

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:46 am

Using a NVidia Gforce GTX 960 and haven't experienced any performance issues yet. My biggest canvas size has been 2560x1440

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:43 am

That's a nice resolution to work in, Darkshade. Thanks for letting us know! :ob

Post Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:45 am

Hi Taron, thank you for the warm welcome:-)
Yes, 8k by 8k is quite large and not at all common for a digital painting. However, I was trying to create some texture for 3D rendering and wanted to get the most detail. But the resolution won't keep me from exploring verve painter at all! Actually I am playing with it from time to time since a year or so and my daughter loves it, due to its joyful nature :-) Btw, you mentioned a commercial product earlier that keeps you from further developing free projects. May I ask which one it is ? As 3d modeller /artist I am curious to know what's new and helpful...
Thanks,
Gerrit

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:20 am

I hope, you have found the private message I was sending you?! Just in case you haven't, yet...have a look at your PM! ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]