Lagging

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Lagging

Hi there,
Got Verve all up and running which is great, such an easy download :D Only problem is the lag, which although isn't machine breaking, is really irritating and makes it very difficult to use Verve. Its most likely due to the graphics card I have (Intel R HD Graphics 3000) but I was wondering if there are any other fixes to this problem. Thanks.

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:22 pm

Re: Lagging

Hey Felicity! The fluids demand a lot from the graphics card and there are only two ways to really make it faster:
1. set Fluidity to 0%, which will still allow you to paint and blend and all that, but simply doesn't do the fluid dynamics. You can bring it up again at any time, knowing that it will do the fluid motions, but just a bit laggy. It somehow makes it more bearable that way, I think.
2. go for a lower resolution! [Shift]+[F2] will allow you to toggle through the existing resolutions. It'll start at 500x500 and go up to 2048x1280. Keep going until it's the smallest and see, if that feels alright?!

Another way to speed up the fluids a little bit is to set the Fluid Sharpness to 100%. But it may only have little impact on your machine. Still worth trying.
I'm almost shocked that it works at all on an Intel HD3000. That I would consider "Good News", haha, as ashamed as I am about it. :oops:

Other than that there's really nothing one can do, you know. It's like buying new tires for a slow car; they won't make it drive faster, but they probably have better grip. :?
I hope you can still enjoy it a little bit. Thankfully it's just a tiny file and shouldn't be any hassle. By the time you get your hands on a more powerful computer, it'll still be a tiny file, but loads more fun, I can guarantee it! :)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:10 pm

Oh my god, turning down the fluidity totally fixed the problem! Thank you so much. Even without turning it off completely it runs so much faster!! But still, I will definitely be looking at a better graphics card in the future. Once again, thanks :D

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:30 pm

YAY! That makes me so happy to hear! Excellent! :D ...I'm going to blow a happiness fuse at some point, or I get some sort of withdrawals, if my good news-fixes dry up for some reason.. :lol:
Anyway, thank you for keeping at it and I can't wait to see your "First Doodle" in the Gallery! ;)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]