Stavros Gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:43 am

Re: Stavros Gallery

stunning Stavros
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:16 pm

:lol: That's genius, Pilou! :lol:
Half Human/Half Artist? c:!
Pure genius! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:41 pm

Re: Group Show

I submitted these two pieces to a gallery for a group show last week and they got accepted them!
They are not typical of my more subdued landscapes but I thought I would throw them out there and see what happens.
I printed them on high gloss aluminum panels ( its actually a transfer process which uses heat to bake them on to the surface)
and they look freaking AMAZING!@#$%^& The colours are so luminous and vibrant I was worried they might be too much but the gallery loved it :)
Something amazing happens when these paintings are given real physical presence on the metal...they are no longer just a print...
they have a life and validity all they're own beyond the point of origin and that is something Ive been looking for.
Its weird how things happen so organically...I never would have thought to explore these high chroma images but all of a sudden
Im thinking this just might be the ticket! ...a new direction perhaps....lol...time will tell :)
Thank you for Verve Taron!
Happy Verving Ya'll

small piece is 12x12 for "square foot" show and large piece is 20x30 for "big ideas" show

ps - I am fully aware of the fact that on screen these images look like...well nothing much...but in the real world they are simply stunning!
( wish I had taken a picture before I dropped them off at the gallery but I forgot)
....there are so many beautiful things that spontaneously show up in Verve that its easy to take them for granted...context is everything :)
Attachments
StavrosDiamond20x30.jpg
StavrosDiamond20x30.jpg (140.37 KiB) Viewed 11990 times
StavrosDiamondSquare.jpg
StavrosDiamondSquare.jpg (161.81 KiB) Viewed 11990 times
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Uh, why, oh, why did you forget to take pictures :shrug: ...BUT I'm sure there will be an even more wonderful opportunity once they show up in the gallery. That's AWESOME! Congratulations, Stavros! :beer:
I can imagine that they have a whole different appeal in real life. I've noticed that with prints I had made in the past. I printed on canvas then, which is also absolutely stunning.
Anyway, looking very much forward to seeing some photos then and: You're VERY welcome, my friend! :beer: :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:53 pm

I admire your landscape! They create the impression of movement without stopping.
Oh yes! I will admit that the materialization of the work done in verv is breathtaking. Well done! c:!

I am very curious what kind of material you printed on - real metal or metallized paper?
Can you tell how the printing process looked like? UV or what?
Have you seen machines/ printers/ plotters?
Excuse me for curiosity, but I went through this process myself and that's why I'm interested.

((I did a soft solvent print on my exhibition
- on matte paper
- laminated mat (laminate was needed, because the solvent paint is prone to scratches, can be damaged by nail/ scratch)
- and it was stuck on 3mm PVC boards ))
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Post Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Ahh - fantastic!
Congratulations!
As you know, I dived deeply into verves fluid magic recently.
Me, I also would love to know a good, high quality looking way for printing, as I really see some of them brilliant looking in my office.
Any advice is appreciated.
Theoretically it's Alloy Dibond, or a print behind acrylic glass.
I have some experiences with prints on canvas,but it doesn't seem to be best for colorful ververings.

I hope you'll be able to post some pictures from inside gallery.
I really would love to see that.

Congrats again, Stavros.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:11 am

Heres some info on the printing that might be helpful.....
I have an epson 9800 44" wide printer that I picked up cheap on Kijiji years ago.
The paper prints ( epson enhanced matte) have a beautiful velvety feel to them and everything looks gorgeous...but ya can't just hang paper ( can you ? lol)
Ive struggled to find a way to present the prints that retains the velvety surface but they are too vulnerable and need to be mounted and protected.
The canvas prints ( epson exhibition matte) are also beautiful...especially large ones ( 36x60) but I find the nature of canvas itself somewhat problematic.
Canvas is too associated with traditional painting and it kind of feels like a " fake painting" ...like its trying to pretend to be a real painting.
The metal prints on the other hand have a life of their own. They become an object in and of themselves which go beyond just being a "print"

I did both a metal print and face mount acrylic. They are both pretty slick. I actually love the matte velvety paper surface but high chroma and contrast images look amazing on metal.

I find the metal more visceral and immediate than the plexi....like looking at an enamel surface. Its so smooth it almost looks like a pool of water.
The metal prints Im using are actually printed on a transfer paper with dye sublimation inks and then transferred to a thin sheet of aluminum ( not di bond) using a heat press.
Nice video in the link below...the surface can be high gloss or a satin white finish ( or the aluminum surface itself but that only works for certain kind of images)

The acrylic is more expensive and heavier because there is more process and materials. It is printed on metallic paper ( optional) which gives it a surreal kind of 3d appearance then face mounted to a sheet of plexi. Di bond or a cheaper material is used as a backer. The edge is quite nice in profile...but It feels more like looking at a photo through glass to me...I think I prefer the metal.

Metal process
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMKOb4GOJ1A

Metal vs Acrylic face mount
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2-V1SwAl50

probably TMI but thats what Ive been figuring out lately...hope its helpful...:)
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:05 am

Thank you very much, stavros.
This is looking fantastic (as far as on can imagine from screen..) Chromalux seems to be the keyword.
I created a thread about printing here:
http://www.taron.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2517
Maybe you want to copy your answer over there and we keep your thread clean.

Thank you very much again!
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Nice Landscapes you did made - would be nice to see some photos from your prints on alu dibond or other expensive/good materials :ob
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos
Previous

Return to Your Artworks