Painting portraits with Verve!

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:03 pm

Painting portraits with Verve!

I used Verve and clip studio for some blending for this portrait!
small.jpg
small.jpg (192.6 KiB) Viewed 13633 times

Haven't painted with Verve for a while and this is fun!
I'm still struggling with the blending within Verve :geek:

Before the blending on CSP:
drfgdcfcg.jpg
drfgdcfcg.jpg (87.21 KiB) Viewed 13631 times

Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:27 pm

Re: Painting portraits with Verve!

Hey Abby,

Verve can do wonderful blends and this is a nice project to use it on. I would offer my own take but I am sure if you dig through Knacki's Verve Tips and Tricks thread you may find it. If not you may find it in his gallery thread. Sometimes you can find some very good advice from him in other threads. I know he has made some very valuable suggestions in mine. For an interesting base exercise you could lay out different grey strokes on the canvas. Cut the canvas texture off, use number 1 brush while pressing shift and play with it a bit.

Knacki's tip thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2511 I am about to go there now to refresh myself a bit.

and one of his great tips he has given in my thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1004&start=220 Now this is blending :D

Its great to see you back Abby :)
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:47 am

Tartan wrote:Hey Abby,

Verve can do wonderful blends and this is a nice project to use it on. I would offer my own take but I am sure if you dig through Knacki's Verve Tips and Tricks thread you may find it. If not you may find it in his gallery thread. Sometimes you can find some very good advice from him in other threads. I know he has made some very valuable suggestions in mine. For an interesting base exercise you could lay out different grey strokes on the canvas. Cut the canvas texture off, use number 1 brush while pressing shift and play with it a bit.

Knacki's tip thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2511 I am about to go there now to refresh myself a bit.

and one of his great tips he has given in my thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1004&start=220 Now this is blending :D

Its great to see you back Abby :)

Wow thank you so much! I will def follow this and try painting again!

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:02 pm

Fantastic, I'd love to see more from you, of course! c:!
Verve is it's own world, allowing for a different kind of blending philosophy, but at the same time you can use more digital-tradition style blending, too. However, once you get into the groove of Verve's nature, it offers something uniquely organic and can go from coarse to very fine, depending on what you do and following your movements.
I remember back in the day when I was exploring ArtRage, how your mood would affect how it would behave. Nervousness would prohibit fine blending and make it tedious, but if you relaxed and took it slowly, blends would become smooth and your speed would increase dramatically.
In Verve it is kind of similar, but it takes possibilities and feedback to a different level. It feels and acts quite a bit more lively. At the same time this could catapult you out of any hope to do fine work, while the right, relaxed approach could make you lightning fast with high precision and nuance.
You learn to work with fluid smudge settings, pen pressure on/off for size and/or opacity, chroma smudge...and most of these settings are right under your left hand's fingertips. Same goes for using brush images, which can increase organic complexity and speed into yet another level. It's just that Verve kind of submits its powers to your will and doesn't offer as much on a higher, macro-like level. It's basically a low-level (machine nature) type instrument.
Eventually I will see to it that higher level functionality comes into the mix, making it a bit "easier" to do things people would expect, coming from other digital painters. But I will do my best never to sacrifice the raw access you can have now. 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:09 am

Love the pastel look you achieved! Wonderful!

Post Tue May 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Great portrait AbbyDraws, btw why you posted this artwork separated from your other thread?
Hope to see more of these.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Return to Your Artworks