amazed by verve

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:38 pm

Re: amazed by verve

Hello Mary,

verve can open jpg- and png-files. All you need is a scan, photograph or free image from the web that has/is the paper/texture of your choice. Open it, then you can create an new layer over the paper-image, adjust its setting to your liking (multiply-mode, visibility, bump should be zero for watercolor-painting, I guess) and you're good to go. If you fill a multiply-paint-layer with white (»[Shift] + [Ctrl] + [f] to fill the current layer with the currently selected color at currently selected opactiy«) watercolor-like painting can be easier. Otherwise the Brush will feel a bit dry on unpainted areas (not necessarily a bad thing). Adjusting the brush-build-up and paint-color-opacity to a lower value gives a more watercolor-like feel - but that may be different for you. Painting with white and a higher fluidity-setting is a bit like adding water.

Hope that makes sense ...

Have fun and all the best!

wolfgang
Last edited by pixelwolf on Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:49 pm

pixelwolf wrote:Hello Mary,

verve can open jpg- and png-files. All you need is a scan, photograph or free image from the web that has/is the paper/texture of your choice. Open it, then you can create an new layer over the paper-image, adjust its setting to your linking (multiply-mode, visibility, bump should be zero for watercolor-painting, I guess) and you're good to go. If you fill a multiply-paint-layer with white (»[Shift] + [Ctrl] + [f] to fill the current layer with the currently selected color at currently selected opactiy«) watercolor-like painting can be easier. Otherwise the Brush will feel a bit dry on unpainted areas (not necessarily a bad thing). Adjusting the brush-build-up and paint-color-opacity to a lower value gives a more watercolor-like feel - but that may be different for you. Painting with white and a higher fluidity-setting is a bit like adding water.

Hope that makes sense ...

Have fun and all the best!

wolfgang

Thank you wolfgang!! Yes, this helps a lot. It's taking me some time to get used to everything, but I think I'm progressing.
Desktop: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti @4GB, Intel Core i7-7700K, 4.20GHz, 16 GB, Win 10
Latop: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M @4GB, Intel Core i7-4700HQ, 2.40 GHz, 16 GB, Win 10
Drawing tablet: Huion KAMVAS Pro 13 GT-133 Drawing Monitor w/Tilt Function

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:45 pm

Re: amazed by verve - new images

Hello dear ververs and viewers,

finally I can post some new »vervings«:
some images from a collaboration-project: polaroid-photography with verve-paintings (a calendar for 2016)

Title-page. Background: 100%verve (with computer-type and scan of polaroid on top)

January

February

March (a little abstract for a change)

April (even more down the abstraction route)

July (back to some depicting work - if that is the correct english term?)

August

October

Dezember

The other months were done in photoshop. I can post them too, if you're interested. Most of them are not 100 percent perfect to me. Some I like more, some less. But I was late and I had to finish that project. Hope you can enjoy looking at them anyway.

Thanks for watching!

All the best - and another :bow: :bow: :bow: to master taron for his breakthrough paint-program, generosity and sharing of knowhow and insights!

wolfgang

PS: Is it preferable to split sth. like the post above in several smaller image-posts? Hope it does not create any inconveniences like that.
Last edited by pixelwolf on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:08 pm

There's absolutely nothing inconvenient about this SET OF GLORY!!! :bounce:

Wow, some exceptional gems in there, if you asked me! :ugeek: ...love it! c:!
Hey, if you want to post your photoshop images, you can always make a little "Off Topic" thread for yourself. I just wouldn't want to post photoshop images inside the Gallery to avoid confusion, as you might imagine! I'd love to see them though!!! :D

Fantastic stuff, Wolfgang! :ob
OH, and you're so much more than just welcome! :beer:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Ahh Taron - thank you for your very fast reply and your very friendly comment! You're such a nice guy! :beer:

Here is the link to the photoshop-pages:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2320

Have a good one!

w.

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:38 pm

Amazing paintings and correlation with pictures (or smart counter-correlation for the last one :-) ) !
System info: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB, i7-5820K 8GB, Windows 10, Wacom Intuos Pro M
Visit my photostream: http://flickriver.com/photos/24151359@N ... teresting/

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:58 pm

Thank you GboGbo!

I often struggle quite a bit when it comes to finding the idea for paintings and drawings - or the inner reason for the content. That's why most of my humble drawings/paintings are doodles and sketches. I just love to draw and paint, I guess. I like looseness and am afraid of rendering things too much, so they loose their energy and life. That's why I have a lot of respect for artists who do a lot of fine details and still keep the »magic«.

With these colorful photographic images as a start, I was able to build upon them and let my imagination wander. Most of these paintings do not have a very original idea, I am afraid. But they still interact in interesting ways with the photographs. Happy that you could see that, too. :D

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:47 am

Excellent! :ob
That is very curious that the painting of the reality (with any technic) is some more poetic than the reality itself! c:!

We want the months missing! 8-)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:01 am

Salut Pilou!

Thank you for your compliment and thoughts! I think you're right – some poetry just seems to happen, even if you have no specific goal when depicting something. Maybe it's the process and the mindset plus the human nature?

The images for the other months were done in photoshop - that's why they are missing here. There is a link to them some posts earlier.

w.

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:42 pm

A very brillant calendar (including photoshop examples).
And quite artistic c:! to say the least, well done!
DA: http://ovn1.deviantart.com/
Insta: https://www.instagram.com/_ovn1_/
System Info: NVidia GeForce GTX 970
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks