Intars' gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Intars' gallery

Hey, verve-folks. Greets to all.

I decided that I am in position to finally share some new work which may be of interest to all of you here and encourage to say whatever you think about this work - especially the content :roll:
But here is something to consider - what motivated me and took quiet a time on my side since was a reeeealy strong wish to give it a try and utilize layering of verve for the purpose of some 2.5D-like animation ;)

Since at my root core and cause of my artistry I am into animation no matter what and I sometimes feel a desperate need to create some animated work but 3D for stand alone person is, .... well :roll: those who ever
attempted to go for and finish one from A to Z could insert here ............. what it is that it takes to get one done - I found my way out of desperation to create something with a time dimension in it with our almighty verve :rock:

What is even more funny is that this project grew just suddenly and it's roots lies in Taron's very first Tutorial posted on verve. Intention was to train and get some warm up in verve after brief period of not touching it.
Taron was drawing blue skies there, than mountains and later he added sun and foliage which resulted in cool image which I decided to reproduce 1:1 for a training purpose. You can see blue skies very similar in my image.
It is almost 1:1 like Taron's in his Tutorial :oops:
It is somewhere there, where heck knows what happened and I went this little unplanned but desperately needed journey.

Here is the foundational verve-paint
Attachments
Defense line (March 2015)_midRes.jpg
Defense line (March 2015)_midRes.jpg (183.24 KiB) Viewed 50387 times
Last edited by Intars on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Re: Everybody's First Doodle

And here is link on Youtube, where I put animated version of it so anyone can enjoy the picture if interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXd3YKOk9Bo

Never before I had done works like that, particularly those 2.5D type of stuff. I am not an After Effects guy. But layers - it is the name of the game here.
And I personally wanted to use verve to preserve and try to go for that look, that painting-like look that verve gives. Video is a bit blurry, I was tired at one
moment with already quite a heavy battle in editing, where all work with layers underwent and than the rendering - at one point I said. Ok, done :bow:

Original painting was something close to 1440x810. On Youtube there happens encoding of some sort after upload and that was it.

If somebody wants some behind the screens - I have two posted on sort of semi-website that I launched for experimental purposes, where I test what it takes to
manage something like your personal webpage. Anyway - there is two screens made sometime back and those who might be interested may check.

http://www.intars.mozello.com/news/

I must say that once again I want to attest that verve is something absolutely fantastic :bow:
Really would like to share my thoughts and what that tool means to me, as I found now. As with this project, I intend as previously planned to "convert" this digital verve-paint into
real, touchable canvas painting. Verve served me in that case as some sort of a rapid prototyping tool which enabled besides the rest to utilize its layers and play around with idea
as can be seen in a video. This helped me to get a feeling of that "world" and characters that I am about to paint.

If we skip the creation of video which is time consuming and perhaps I will hardly will afford to do so with every verve-paint, still I found that verve is outstanding and innovative tool
that allows you to create a digital painting which later you can decide to turn into canvas version. I found it is easier later to evaluate whether you really like idea so much that you are
ready to spend real paint resources and your time to bring this image from a digital world to the physical one when, instead of looking at photoshoped or sketchy style image, you look
on something that more closely resembles painting visually.

Taron, you wrote a daamn cool tool.
A cool tool! :?

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:52 pm

Man, this is freaking awesome.
Really well done.
Excellent also the theme choice with some important message, not just a pic.
Lovely sound effects by the way :D
Intars, you made my day.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Very ecologic video! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Sat May 02, 2015 9:43 am

Thanks, folks.
Knacki and Pilou - it would be well done if I would add more frames and "in betweens" but fir the first time I thought it was bit too much for me alone. Maybe some next time, on some another risky experiment.
Though I really enjoyed doing all this and even thought about how a character walk cycle animated could look like if done in verve. It would be hard as hell but a look could be worth it, I guess.
As for message - while I am no eco-activist or any of that, I do started to become more worried and conscious about our modern culture system. And somehow seems that got into my art and head.

Post Sat May 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Verve is the completely wrong place to do frame by frame animation if you want to do it properly and want to have fun, imho.
What you have done is very well suited to what is possible if you use verve alone.

Painting the animated stuff in verve is another story and maybe more worth to think about.

Don't know what you have already used for animation.
Frame by frame animation I really love to do in flash. Best in old flash mx 2004.
Have you tried synfig? http://www.synfig.org/cms/
Free animation tool which seems to have everything to have fun.
Anime Studio Pro gives some nice features like bones (which seems to be covered in syfig too) but lecks in frame by frame animation. But is super easy to use.
DoInk for ipad is fun too and exactly the right thing to quickies.

Since the old days, sitting before a light table, using the so much loved blue colour eraser from Faber Castell to make first movement sketches and fix final lines with pencil strokes, I never would start a frame by frame animation without an onion skin possibility. A fast playback system, after recording stuff those days with a camera picture by picture, is a real pleasure.

But sure it's my personal opinion. If you think you'll loose the look and feel, you got to go the hard way. ;)
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Mon May 04, 2015 8:58 am

Previously I had an experience long time ago with Anime Studio. But that's basically all what I had behind my back in 2D.
Flash mx - aaaarrrggggg, no no no no. In my life and till today I am yet to see or experience a truly inspirational, even a fantastic event to make it possible for me get along with vector graphics, especially Flash.
Synfig - heard and for some time observed their website. Somehow I developed sympathies for what they are doing.

I guess my look on 2D goes somewhere along your likes - paper, light tables or if software, than absolutely onion skins.
Still, verve was considered just exactly because of that - look and feel more of a painting like visual style. It was painful, I admit. Especially since I STILL have no drawing tablet and had to do all with a mouse.
In a sense you could consider me, judging from my current position, a some sort of a starving artist. A happy one (I quit my job myself to pursue risky path :D) but still - a little bit starving one. it's like self-inflicted torture form, I guess.

Site Admin

Post Mon May 04, 2015 9:52 am

Re: Intars' gallery

There you go, your very own gallery thread, WELL deserved! :ob c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon May 04, 2015 10:18 am

Everything happened faster than I anticipated :D.
Mister Taron, thanks for your efforts and your "teleported" gallery for me. Ok, I will assemble my works here than. Yeeeei - corner for me.

Post Mon May 04, 2015 9:45 pm

Cool Intars! c:! Well done!
I like the tree and the coke bottle.
Visit: http://www.k4icy.com/ dA: https://www.deviantart.com/mikek4icy FB: mike.maynard.9277 email: mikek4icy@gmail.com
System Info: NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 (12Gb), AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 Ghz, 16 Gb, Windows 11
Next

Return to Your Artworks