Intars' gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:37 pm

Re: Intars' gallery

Amen to many layered concept of awareness build-up, Taron. Its like an evolution and move from arithmetic --> to algebra (which contains new stuff + all arithmetic within) --> to abstract algebra (groups/sets) --> and so on. On each 'upper' stage you still can see/get access to/use everything from previous, only in an expanded sense, different and surprising yet, familiar and very the same. I once, many years ago were put off and generally disliked many modern artwork lines and movements - like Cubists of 20th century and their works. Only when i began studying artificial intelligence, some problems of machine learning, problem representations, machine vision/pattern recognition algorithms, i started to develop all of a sudden appreciation even of those folks and their movement's artworks - their work game fun, abstract analogy for how computers will 'see' and structure world in their memory ;)

Maybe there will be, after all, a point where level of complexity of machine understanding's representations of a world and learnt experience will become so many-layered, unreadable to humans, 'black-boxed', that any forensics investigations of it will only come up with something very, very abstract. And the only hope of you investigating this machine intelligence will be in working 'through its' abstract representations by trying to manipulate them, like immersing yourself into abstract art with immersive instruments for manipulation and trying to get some senses out of it. I have a feeling that it will be like so not only of my affection towards Ghost in the Shell anime, but also even out of debates and some published papers on troubles of deep learning model investigations.

- - - - - -
My new verve-painting, continuation of a concept arts for "Heartcrab" surreal horror-drama project. Here is another shot at swamp scene conceptualization. With this one i got
somewhat closer to an intended and kept in an imagination full picture, but only a bit closer. There is a wish to bring this imagined world "out" because, i think (subjectively), if
carefully and correctly mastered to its originally intended look (i will sense and will know it when i am "there"), it might come with a chance of having a capacity to impact potential
viewer with two specific impulses - it might 'strike him' to develop curiosity for paleontology/plant biology and an appreciation for surreal nightmare execution in arts simultaneously,
giving a funny cocktail of innovative emotion combination, as i see it. But that all only with probabilities, because to some anything of it will be some sort of 'meh' anyways :roll:

So, hope you enjoy this, verve-folks. In a future there will be some more "Heartcrab" concept art, but for now there will be a slight subject change in next posts to something other.
Attachments
Heartcrab_sceneConcepts_swamp_03 (June 27 2022).jpg
Heartcrab_sceneConcepts_swamp_03 (June 27 2022).jpg (209.33 KiB) Viewed 6569 times

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:09 pm

What a nice style! Took me a moment to become totally sure that I'm seeing skeletons there, but both colors and design are really appealing and interesting! I'd want to see more! c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:17 pm

:ud: Eeeehh... the bones, them ;) ...in all honesty i am lacking big time in a human figure and especially bone/muscle structure correct drawing. Being only hobbyist, i have a gap
here, but i have a very good, fat book on academic drawing and sloowly, in time frame of few years already (because its a hobby; computer science comes first) make my way into it
and i like it. As you previously wrote - its like an adventure / exploration. Here, in this drawing, i drew them 'cheat-erish' perfectly knowing that it will be a mess anyhow, so i was quick
there certainly.

After some more pencil training, maybe i should launch a try in verve as well in a time, i think.

But for now, good laugh about skeletons indeed. Thanks for cheer-up anyway, Taron. I can open up little secret about them there, which most likely is hardly readable due to execution
specifics and lack of details. There (design and story world's-wise) is meant to be bones not only of humans, but also of some relic beasts and creatures, as if violating a normal geological
time flow in that surreal place.

Post Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:23 am

New verve-painting: approximately it can go with a name "Macdek plays the legendary system game against entity".
This time i wanted to paint something random, giving unconstrained free and relaxed thought-flow during verve session. And this came out and started forming during process. I even started to feel for making up story as i go during the paint process. You could imagine it along the lines like those - there is a legendary, old, archaic computerized system found on abandoned asteroid and remnant-planet fragment. This computer system was in working condition, battered by some amazing technology and hidden in underground city-like space. Since its discovery, the unknown computerized system became a legend because of its peculiar 'host' - some entity programmed by unknown owners of the tech (supposedly). There were other, careful hypothesis that it could be something self-programmed as well. Whenever any part of computerized system was accessed, this entity always reset the system to the start of a mysterious game of hard to decipher rules and so far it always wins. No current artificial intelligence approaches helped to solve the puzzle and beat the entity in its game, but some progress were made in deciphering some of the possible rules of the game. Now a Macdek, a creature with a prolonged life cycle, after many eons of academic studies, thought training and some deep sleep season arrives on the scene to give his try in uncovering of the mysteries behind a legendary entity "Owl" and its protected computerized system.
:ud: :roll:

------- on a philosophical note -----------
I know, i know - something like that was told thousands of times in sci-fi. Maybe i drew this because i imagine sometimes that there exists almost none comic books (that i would be aware of) which explores some math and science at its core adventure / informs the reader about some methods, science mechanisms and theorems, and i, kind of, would like to try fix that (if i could live two lives and have lots of additional free-time existence hours). Imagine a serious academic book being told in a comic book format, at least partially but still with an elements of all formal strictness to info-content; all that with some crazy cartoon book characters and visual freedoms of the format.

Still, there is doubt that something like that could be truly created due to some probable unresolvable contradictions in goal and form of thought. Such comic book would be enormously thick in volume to reach deepness of thought; and most likely, after thousands of creation hours, scientists/professors/intellectuals wouldn't read it anyway because they can comfortably work with harsher formal, theoretical texts anyway and the pokemon kids would just say huge 'meh' to it (because magic and easy read is more interesting than science) :?

(I am good critic of myself :) )
Anyway - for enjoyment and sharing here at least one picture. As always, it was an adventure itself to paint something in verve.
Attachments
verve-painting - Makdaks plays the legendary system game against entity (29 jun 2022).jpg
verve-painter 98%, GIMP 2% (minor contrast adjustment)
verve-painting - Makdaks plays the legendary system game against entity (29 jun 2022).jpg (230.77 KiB) Viewed 6546 times

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:16 am

Hehehehe, Intars, Intars. You do love to write a heck of a lot and it gets me worried I'm not the only one, who tends to hold back feedback before having had the time to read it all. But your paintings get more and more fascinating, prompting me to just congratulate you on this emerging style of yours! LOVE IT! :ob :ob :ob
Reminds me of early 20th century styles, even Cubism, paired with something like late impressionism and the likes. I couldn't be farther away from being an expert, but it gives me these vibes and they're really great! c:!
I'll read your story later with care! :geek: :)

Post Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:04 pm

My new verve painting for continuation of a theme from a previous one. You can imagine it as a representation of some computational/abstract data structure, linked list "snaky"
with imaginary structural secret hidden in it.
Attachments
verve-painting - linked list sneiky (2 janv 2023).jpg
verve-painting - linked list sneiky (2 janv 2023).jpg (73.88 KiB) Viewed 5494 times

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:00 pm

Certainly looking mysterious! :D

Post Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:58 pm

Yesterday happened to finish new verve-painting. I tried to force myself to spend more time with considerably lesser used brush 1 and 2 (and also little bit 3).
From now on I will start force myself to consider all brushes important and not just my favorite 7, 8 and 9.
..and sea gulls are cool no matter what.
Attachments
verve-painting - a place where penguin meets sea gull (8 March 2023).jpg
verve-painting - a place where penguin meets sea gull (8 March 2023).jpg (209.78 KiB) Viewed 4980 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:50 pm

That's the cutest take on some post-apocalyptic scenario, HAHA! :lol: :hihi: ...I mean, it does remind one of a desert dune and seagulls and penguins likely only meet, if a penguin goes pretty far north from where they usually are, no? But very sweet for sure!
After you mention your favorite brushes, all I can think about is why 6 was afraid of 7, haha...man... :lol:
By the way, 6 is quite a powerful brush, too! Just a really soft continuous line, but it can be extremely valuable!

Post Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:56 am

very nice done, lovely picture :beer:
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks