Intars' gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:25 am

Re: Intars' gallery

One comment here: i remember that at later, close to final stages of drawing for some moment i did carry idea to try integrate Splinter's character
somewhere between defensive Turtles. There were few sprites of Splinter in game, as we know it. But this idea didn't lived up to its realization this
time. Complexity of layers, long time of work did started to manifest some exhaust toll on me. So it was one of those little things which i allowed
this time to be left out. I just hadn't mentally solved Splinter's character this time, lets put it that way.

Also, there are few game characters and enemy entities which kind of didn't make it into picture as well, like laser robots in technodrome which
surely were as a menace to our young nerves system and patience as well back then in 1989 :hihi:

So, most of the creatures made it into picture but some are behind the screen, so to speak.
Attachments
Turtles1 on NES - close up 5.jpg
Turtles1 on NES - close up 5.jpg (87.75 KiB) Viewed 4517 times
Turtles1 on NES - close up 2.jpg
Turtles1 on NES - close up 2.jpg (92.99 KiB) Viewed 4517 times

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:32 am

Of course, at least one symbolically important player power-up had to be included into drawing for sure ;)
Special mindfulness moment was to paint game title, even the second time when i decided it must be on upper part of whole image and that i don't want to use any other software to do the trick quickly.
Drawing the titles turned out to be special moment because with some tracks from 8bit Turtles 1 on NES everything becomes nostalgic and special :ob
Attachments
Turtles1 on NES - close up 4.jpg
Turtles1 on NES - close up 4.jpg (89.9 KiB) Viewed 4517 times
Turtles1 on NES - close up 6.jpg
Turtles1 on NES - close up 6.jpg (105.88 KiB) Viewed 4517 times

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:42 am

With that i conclude Turtles 1 for now. As it can be imagined by now, there definitely will be more game fan art done by me with Taron's great, great tool.
Very hard for me to wait for a moment when something like Resident Evil 1, 2 from PSX era comes off from verve canvas. I am positive there will be some
goodies from 8, 16 and 32 bit PSX/PS1 era some of you will recognize the days when respective verve-paintings will be created and posted here.

But that will wait a little bit :roll:
In closer future, folks, i will upload for your view some of the works that happened to be created during this whole 2019 - 2021. Some of them are like 80 - 90+%
finished and need just a finalizing polishing. They are not as huge in ambition and scale as Turtles 1 project, nevertheless i am confident you will enjoy some of
them for fun. Stay tuned.

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:56 am

You really gave yourself an amazing challenge!
I think, it might be fun to try totally different approaches for capturing what it felt like. Not for the sake of improving, but for the sake of exploring out of total curiosity!

Your current approach is almost a "literal" one, in terms of content. You went for the colors and shapes, the contrasts and proportions.

Another would be to consider the pixel impression and sort of "dissolve" the color harshness by allowing a classic oil-painting like bleed of colors. Go for almost exaggerated pixels, but treat them as if painted by an old master, if you know what I mean.

The last approach would be to take a big leap and re-imagine the whole thing like a master painter might approach illustrating such a game, given the designs. Like to imagine yourself being genuinely asked today to take the movie's ninja turtles and turn them into designs for this game or a sort-of next-gen version of it with actual depth and so on...

Well, this certainly could make for an exciting series! :hyper:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:49 pm

Yes, i was aware of "literal" approach and i certainly can say to anyone out there that this approach will certainly take its toll and exhaust level upon artist/creator. If, really if anyone
goes this way, you have been warned by at least one person (me) who dared to try walk this 'road' :ud:
Taron, absolutely, i get your variant of offered approach. At some point in the future there will be exactly that. I certainly want to try to pull off more painterly, shaded, Renaissance-like, more smeary style with at the same time retained barely noticeable but readable level of pixel-graphics 'hardware limits' effect in the final painting. There will be experiments like that :ob

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:56 pm

Cool Intars
The BG looks great, I wonder though why you used the Japanese tittle
would you try to make some animation sequence of the ninja attacks?
Last edited by eduardobedoya on Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:28 pm

eduardo,
the Japanese title was used because that is the version that i happened to play. Our market in 90's was filled massively with pirated Chinese cartridges most of the time.
We were living with hieroglyphs most of the time, they were part of our childhood :hihi:
No, animations are not planned. Would be too much now. There is cooler stuff 'brewing'.

Post Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:02 am

Before i finished my "Turtles 1 on NES" verve-painting, there were, as i previously mentioned, some other drawings that came into existence. Now its time to share them, since whole
Turtles 1 drawing saga is concluded. Turtles 1 kicked off around November of 2019. Approximately one month after that there actually was another piece of drawing made which continued
pixel "theme". I had drawn a lot of imaginary stuff - environments, creatures, objects, scenes but i came to realize that there is basically 0 of some real environments, some autobiographical
places, like , nature spots or everyday life dimensions depicted artistically due to their personal significance in shaping basically the whole me as identity. So one day, i realized its time to
change the balance, and i entrusted the verve-painter to be my main brushes and colors equipment in this first experimental step into the memories territory. In very small resolution originally,
in 320x200 i painted from the memory a real place that exists and which in an essence is a yard which consequently played role of childhood yard, then early youth event yard and after that, a
yard of my home place generally, a symbol of place associated with abstract home. This place to this day has many trees, two nearby forest zones, one of them three-four minute walk away.
I remember so green and warm summers and childhood summer days there! In a drawing you see part of living apartment's house were i lived. Right behind me would be a very peculiar
mini-forest zone with trees that we liked and used to play in during childhood so much (will paint them some other time). We imagined a game "Predator" which of course meant, that one
had to imitate, well, a Predator and the other kids had to team up into special force team and survive the forest. I can't remember precise rules, but kids who had to somehow climb the trees
and hide somehow there, i suppose, had to throw something at 'special forces team' to imitate Predator's cannon laser strike and other weapons. We had fun, this mini-mini forest was ideally
designed for such kid ventures, it had proper trees and was quite dense despite itself being so mini-territory all in all! Ahh, the memories, we were born in so lucky place, environment was so
cool. But what you see in this drawing, shows one pocket of small car parking lot; back then in 1980's-1990's not many families even had cars, they kind of were also not so critically important.
In childhood those parking lot mini-spaces mostly were empty and we had so much space to kick ball and drive our bicycles and run around without worries, fellas - i state my true physical
experience. Literally, only few cars in home yard territory. And those few cars were never a big barrier or spatial hinderance to us. What you can see on the left side is kind of a fragment of a
grassy lawn territory which was perfect place for football games, and yes - those few cars that were parked around it from time to time did got some ball collision to experience. And those
few, rare collisions never ended breaking something or getting us, kids, into serious troubles with car owners. The whole yard territory is a dead-end and in a valley. I will once verve-paint what
it meant for us as a kids during winters with normal ice and steady below 0 degrees :rock:
As for summers, when it was not raining, yard was like home to us that we knew inch by inch. As a kids we also played videogames on NES, SEGA (all novelties back then) but we also had soo
much time in yard and all surrounding zone, that i still to this day know various local trees as if they were some individuals, that, while being static, grew up with us and were our buddies in
play and everyday fun :D

So, this is my first real drawing of my childhood yard. It was created back in 20 December 2019, and finally i release it, firstly, here. I wanted to give it a DOS graphics look. As i mentioned,
this drawing is painted in 320x200 resolution (like some DOS game res) but for upload and representation purposes upscaled in Gimp with no interpolation and no editing. I personally enjoyed
utilizing verve-painter mechanics once again even for a pixelish drawing purposes.
Hope you enjoy the drawing even without full knowledge of what environment looks all around, 'behind the screens' :roll: There is seen one red car and there is a whole special, fun story
about it from childhood which still gives some giggles, but that would demand a dedicated drawing for itself, so some next time.
Attachments
Meijkas (20 Dec 2019).jpg
Meijkas (20 Dec 2019).jpg (203.71 KiB) Viewed 4233 times

Post Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:00 pm

and to think that nowadays AI can enhance digital paintings to the point to see the pores of the canvas xD

But when I see pixel art I instantly think of isometric video games, this is what your art resembles to me.
Cool pixel art Intars.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:13 am

eduardobedoya,

you somehow enforced me to think along the lines of maybe verve-painting this yard in orthographic some next time. I never tried to paint anything in orthographic, i realize now.
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks