My first ever painting in 20 years

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sat May 23, 2015 6:44 pm

My first ever painting in 20 years

Thank you Taron and Verve Painter.,

I always could doodle and and could make decent portraits.. Never been successful using colours.. I have spent close to 20 years of my life as a visual effects artist and supervisor, and have always had access to a wacom, photoshop, Painter, and have done and delivered 100's of projects.. Never got down to painting.. Ever since I got into computer graphics stopped sketching as well..

Thanks, to verve I completed my first painting today.. It's still bit of a work in progress.. But the recent I post this is because, it is this program that you wrote.. that made me paint. And I cannot Thank you enough.. :) .. as you can guess I am flying right now .. already thinking what I will paint tomorrow..

Looking for feedback and comments... will share system config and layer breakdowns (if needed) later.. Cheers.. for making my day.. :beer:
Attachments
country-side07_1200.jpg
Indian country side ..
country-side07_1200.jpg (189.4 KiB) Viewed 30575 times
Intel Core I5 4440, ASUS Sabretooth Motherboard, 24 GB Ram, Zotak (Nvidia) GTX 770, HDD is WD, with a 500GB, SSD for scratch disk

Post Sat May 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: My first ever painting in 20 years

This is wonderful. Verve did the same thing for me. Sparked my 2d side up a bit. I have been working my sketching a lot lately so that when I drop into Verve again it will be something solid/ Great scene! I like where the shadows hit him under the tree. It looks hot on the other side. I think I would stop a moment and reflect on things there for awhile. Enjoy the magnificent trees and the stream, take a sip of water and then roll on c:! :D
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Sat May 23, 2015 9:20 pm

Oh, great news you found Verve! You are the artist we missed here. I really like the gentle way you show us your art. :bounce: :rock:
BTW you have very interesting style. c:!

I am really looking forward to you next results you do with Verve! :ob

Post Sun May 24, 2015 6:45 am

welcome :) - very nice artwork, I like it
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Sun May 24, 2015 10:19 am

:shock: ... :o .... :bounce:
W E L C O M E to the forum, AraA, that is absolutely beautiful! c:!
It shows so strongly and clearly that you know by heart what you have to do, creating depth, creating balance, illustrating a moment with such great command over the visual language. Yet, you manage to introduce a certain suspense, a bit of mystery that raises interest beyond this moment; is this guy really just enjoying himself, his solitude on a stroll along the river's edge? Is he maybe running away from something, trying to clear his head? Or is Robin Hood and his gang waiting to drop from the branches of the tree to extort this young CEO and have him transfer his funds to arbitrary charities? One may never know. :shrug: :lol: ...it's just full of character, the whole painting!
I also love that you've explored a variety of techniques without them tumbling all over each other, but so that they belong to each other helping to aim focus. Yet another thing that I'm sure comes from your many years of experiences, things that just have become part of your intuition.

I'm already extremely excited to see what comes next, very, very much hoping for something to come next!!! :bounce:

Also, don't miss the Vervatar "challenge", which is really just my silly way of hoping you'd make your avatar with Verve, of course! ;) 8-)
Anyway, I'm thrilled you've found Verve and the kindness to join and share here! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun May 24, 2015 10:36 am

Summer's lights! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Mon May 25, 2015 4:11 pm

This is lovely!

Almost same history here btw. ;)
Keep it coming - we'll love it, I am sure.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Mon May 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Hey All..

More than anything else.. I am pleasantly surprised with myself as to, what I could make myself do .. in terms of painting.. :o Thank you all for the encouragement.. I am over the clouds :)

tartan Thank you.. I like the idea of a sip of water.. I want to see that painting with more saturation.. Now that I look at it again.. maybe it is a .jpg thing.. !

Lemivision .. Thank you.. I don't have a style to speak of.. That was my first ever attempt to complete a painting.. :D

Thank you Zeropainter, Pilou and Knacki.. I do feel privileged to be in your company.. :bow: here at the forums..

The nicest thing about Verve is that it makes you paint.. not look for shortcuts.. cut paste.. transform.. color correct etc.. Also, the reason why I feel it is a great paint utility.. Not that I have tried out too many.. Just my thoughts..

Taron.. Great to hear your comments.. Glad u like my painting.. I did not explore many techniques.. :D cause I don't know any techniques.. :shrug: Though I have heard some friends (art school types :roll: ) speak of line style and stroke style etc..

My whole aim is to experiment with Verve to arrive at some acceptable art.. :) Hopefully, somewhere along the road, I will discover, if I have a certain technique..or not..

As for Robin Hood and his gang waiting.. haha.. They are still waiting.. and let the poor guy on cyle go ahead.. :lol: :shrug: :D

Will try out the vervatar for sure..

In the mean time.. Sharing with all you folks my second painting titled.. " Serenity Falls" ..wanted to see the overexposed water look.. as yet unfinished.. .. As i may change the approach on the Bamboos if I could think of a better one..

Hope you like this.. Comments criticisms.. and inputs are welcome
Attachments
serenity-falls.jpg
serenity-falls.jpg (169.67 KiB) Viewed 30518 times
Intel Core I5 4440, ASUS Sabretooth Motherboard, 24 GB Ram, Zotak (Nvidia) GTX 770, HDD is WD, with a 500GB, SSD for scratch disk

Post Mon May 25, 2015 7:46 pm

Would love to know about yours :) would be interesting I am sure

Knacki wrote:This is lovely!

Almost same history here btw. ;)
Keep it coming - we'll love it, I am sure.

Post Mon May 25, 2015 8:27 pm

Ara this is a very clean and serene scene . Everything fits as it should, Framing it with bamboo is inspired as is your choice of color. The meditative figure certainly draws the eye and the spot of red enhances it, Nice use of depth! c:! :D
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)
Next

Return to Your Artworks