My first ever painting in 20 years

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: My first ever painting in 20 years

Photograph --> Vector MAgic---> Verve---> Photoshop.. and Out
Attachments
11754730_10153479961151115_1328686460651462360_o.jpg
11754730_10153479961151115_1328686460651462360_o.jpg (71.88 KiB) Viewed 12092 times
Intel Core I5 4440, ASUS Sabretooth Motherboard, 24 GB Ram, Zotak (Nvidia) GTX 770, HDD is WD, with a 500GB, SSD for scratch disk

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:23 pm

Ovn1 why.. why does the subject of the thread bother you..? because 20 Yrs is a long time.. ?
Intel Core I5 4440, ASUS Sabretooth Motherboard, 24 GB Ram, Zotak (Nvidia) GTX 770, HDD is WD, with a 500GB, SSD for scratch disk

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Haha, kinda of funny how English in the middle can truly get things lost in translation. Thankfully there are those smilies! ;)
Ovn1 was just empathizing with your title, also having a hard time to imagine what it might be like not to paint for 20 years. Needless to mention if it somebody like you, who's so very gifted at it, too! c:!

I really dig the feel of the flower! It's a brilliant idea to use a subtle photograph and let it's intrinsic reality turn into abstraction that retains it's substantial nature. Pretty clever and very pretty! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:05 pm

I think these are Beautiful Ara and a good workflow on the last. Brilliant and needed. Brightened my day :) I am also liking your painting. Great start in that medium!
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:07 pm

Just to clarify.. Taron, I was not upset with Ovn1., was just trying to understand, what was on his mind when he commented.. No offence taken at all.. :D

As for the Yellow Cosmos.. that you commented upon.. It was done as an answer to some of my arty friends., who commented on my work saying "nice.. realistic" etc.. (some of them are into abstracts..!) Just wanted to understand what is the big deal about abstraction.. fact is .. abstraction done well.. adds a sense of movement into the frame.. cancels out unwanted details and get the focus on.. I like that.. I am hoping to do a lot more of that.. along with other experiments..

In a certain manner., I am in agreement with Ovn1.. What was I doing for 20+ years.. Lot of the current tool-sets were not available those days.. and it was easier to do the digital thing.. Then, the branding.. When you are the first most recognised VFX supervisor/producer in the country.. and work is flowing in.. The focus shifts.. yes years wasted.. to understand.. It's all part of life.. I love making films.. at times even handle audio and sound design myself... all the while knowing very well.. I'm pushing it too much.. I would still make films..

But have taken the call.. I am very Happy to be a jack of many.. and master of none.. As long as I am above average on all my jacks of trades.. Ovn1.. This explanation was to you.. if you get to see it..

@Tartan.. Thank you for being so kind.. You Brightened mine.. when you commented.. saying.. my artwork Brightened yours.. very happy to hear that.. Trying some adventurous stuff on the second canvas.. And some more Verve.. will post when I have some thing interesting..

Cheers Guys .. have a great day.. cause I am going to have a nice one.. :) Enjoy your weekend.. your beers and barbecues.. And productive days ahead..
AraA

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:12 am

Thank you for sharing this.
My comment on title was just there to stress on your talent really.
Unfortunately my level in english forbids the accuracy of my thoughts :PP
Again I dig your art.
Your natural painting landscape is amazing! :rock:
DA: http://ovn1.deviantart.com/
Insta: https://www.instagram.com/_ovn1_/
System Info: NVidia GeForce GTX 970

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Ovn1 ., Thank you for your kind words.. No issues on your English., I think you write fine.. Like I said I was trying to understand your Q better. Glad to hear you like my work. It is the appreciation from many that keeps me going. I am happy I am able to connect with so many of you on the Taron forum.. :) have a nice day.. Hopefully I will have a finished artwork tomorrow.

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Canvas#2_taron.jpg
Canvas#2_taron.jpg (223.86 KiB) Viewed 12040 times
Finished my Canvas #2 Titled "Morning in the Backwaters".. Kerala in India has this huge network of water bodies called the backwaters.. The life of lot of people living in those parts in very connected to these water ways.. And 1000's of families use these small canoes like cycles in a normal place.. to go grocery shopping etc.. lot of commerce happens on these waters.. along with some fish that are specifically available there.. The Orange (saffron actually) shirt is a connotation to a "Pledge to a pilgrimage to a certain deity in the hills called Ayappa.. That takes an arduous 41 day fasting., to cleanse oneself.. ( Some people undertake the pilgrimage to walk all the way.. barefoot..sometimes 400-600 kms).. The detail is irrelevant.. Just thought some of you guys might want to know.. It's just a painting after all.. Unexplained.. it is just a serene morning journey through a waterway.. The demand of this artwork was the light.. and the subtle surfacial mist of the morning.. I've handled it as best as I could..
Attachments
canvas#2_env_taron.jpg
canvas#2_env_taron.jpg (220.9 KiB) Viewed 12040 times
Last edited by AraA on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:55 pm

Man, that's great! Pffff...I hope you've got plenty of space on your walls!!! :D c:!
Love it! I can only imagine how fantastic it looks, having the real thing in front of you. 8-)

You should make some brief video moments of applying the paint and show those to me. I wonder, if I could learn something for Verve?!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:19 pm

Bull_run-4-taron.jpg
Bull_run-4-taron.jpg (113.95 KiB) Viewed 12039 times
Ohh Taron..

I have seen a few youtube videos.. on techniques.. Fact is.. those videos got me prepared..and made me go for it.. but I had to work out the techniques myself.. I am only on my second canvas.. Man.. I don't really feel qualified or confident enough .. to do a video.. as I make a lot of mistakes.. and correct them later.. Not sure how they will figure on a video.. ! :?:

Here.. let me share some images of what could have been my canvas #2.. Now I guess it will be 3 or 4 If I manage an effort to correct it.. .. I fucked up.. pretty bad..

I don't have the training.. Just go with my understanding of how it's supposed to look.. So doing it the hard way.. I believe this is the better way.. I will try a Video.. on the next canvas.. and will share with you.. See if it's any good.. If it's goofy.. just drop it.. :D

You can see how ugly this looks.. :evil:
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks