Love the shaders!!!

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:13 pm

Re: Love the shaders!!!

Dayum! That is so awesome, man! :shock:
:bounce:
Imagine you would go the extra-insane mile to line up a height image of your house there (windows, stairs, doors), drop that in as canvas texture and crank it up so that the fluids would react to them, hahahaha. Would be a tough thing to pull off, but how incredible that would be.
Even as it is: HURRAY! :lol: :hyper:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:36 pm

> Why only a very low range of colors ?

I have been experimenting to make this a standalone interactive art exhibit that can run continuously for 8 hours ea day. Right now I do not know how to change colors programmatically in Verve (is there a keyboard shortcut Taron?). If there is not, I will use the Java class "Robot" (which is how I'm moving the mouse & clicking the mouse buttons) to press/release the Tab key, mouse over to the x,y coordinate of a desired color on the color wheel, click/release the mouse button, press/release the Tab key again to make the controls disappear, and then go back to being controlled by the AI (or the voice/audio in the case of this video).

This video was really just to prove to myself that the basic version is possible. Next I will implement frequency analysis to control the x position, so lower frequencies move the mouse left & higher ones move it right. Audio volume/amplitude moves the paint brush on the y axis.

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:46 pm

> line up a height image of your house there (windows, stairs, doors), drop that in as canvas texture and crank it up so that the fluids would react to them

I did not even know that is possible - that opens up SO MANY DOORS!!! :rock: I'll have to go back to your docs & look into "canvas textures" (or is there a YouTube covering it?).

One funny thing I did do was take a picture of my house, bring that into Verve, project that back onto my house, then w/all those fluid settings max, and a hot red brush, started flicking upwards at the top. It sorta looked like my house was melting and catching fire & turning to lava all at the same time. I did something similar w/the forest/trees across the street - my neighbors did not see the humor in that.

Verve is so versatile - it is AMAZING!!!

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:55 pm

Hmm... I would probably line up the projector and then literally paint the windows and stuff in, using another layer. Then you can burn that layer's height into the canvas texture and you're ready to go! 8-)

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:07 pm

How to do this? Well:
Best to probably use brush #1 to paint your "mask" for windows and stairs and so on. Of course you do not paint a mask, but a height image. It doesn't matter what color you use.
• On the blank canvas, you only paint window, stairs, door, whatever.
• then you hit [Ctrl]+[P] when you do it the first time. But you can always hit [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[P] to recapture your layer's material for the canvas.
• then you can hit delete or hide the layer and make another layer
• Now I recommend filling the new layer first with [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [F] in the background color you want (probably black)
• turn the fluids up, pick your color to paint with (like your red) and have fun!

I think, I was using the canvas texture strength to control the height of this kind of texture, too, but I'm not sure, if it shows... doesn't matter, though.
First you should make some tests, of course. You will find out how high you need to build up the "mask" paint in order to work the way you want it, too.

Also, if you want to capture a new mask, just use [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[P]. By the way, [Ctrl]+[P] toggle through the 3 different canvas texture modes: Canvas Weave, custom paint, Papyrus or whatever you'd want to call it.

Post Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:06 pm

Cool that shade on Vervette, nice composition in 3d.
thanks fot the Blender advice borjonx.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:12 am

Thank you!!! I woke up @4am and tried a few things, but wasn't able to get the results you get at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4MIwZwFc2I&t=109s

Here is a 2 min clip of me trying - do you have any suggestions? I also tried ctrl shift f to cover the canvas w/paint first, but that didn't work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og5iKkEd12A

Pat

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:07 am

Tadah, I made a quick little video for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApuPg4mrL7k

I gave you some bad advice regarding brush #1. You should use brush #6 to paint the mask!
Other than that, I may later come back and write the steps down here, but just follow along the video and tell me, if something needs more clarifying. It's still early for me right now, hehe... :hihi: :oops:

Post Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:06 am

Pilou wrote:Excellent! c:!

Why only a very low range of colors ?

I didn't know how to change them auto, but thx to your msg I learned about
a Java class called "robot", which can be used to control the mouse x,y
and buttons. I also accidentally learned about Verve [SHIFT]-c which shows a little pallet of colors that you can specify(THANK YOU TARON!)
and Create & Extend & Modify & Manipulate.

This is learning about the Java robot class, Kinect 1414 3D camera, Processing IDE and Ableton Live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZriOcxH6t6I Hope to have more refined works soon. The UAA logo is the University Of Alaska Anchorage, where I work - but this experiment is done separate of the university, and they do not necessarily support/encourage it in any way.
Previous

Return to Your Artworks