Love the shaders!!!

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Tue May 28, 2019 4:56 pm

Re: Love the shaders!!!

LOL
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:25 am

TBA_Volunteer2c0085z2c.jpg
TBA_Volunteer2c0085z2c.jpg (207.27 KiB) Viewed 17769 times

This is only partially Verve, but I wanted to upload it because I've enjoyed it so much. I "painted" a colorful piece in Verve, took it into my 3D software & made a simple picture frame for it in a simple 3D space. I repeated the render et al then my daughter finished her acting camp as the Red Queen from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland so I put her in the foreground of the final render, then took it back into Verve with Fluidity maximum & drying disabled to experiment w/a little integration.

I'm still learning all this, but the similarities and sharp contrasts between ray traced reflection/refraction/shadow rendering, and the beautiful possibilities of Verve's particle system based approach just blows my mind. I'm beside myself.

Here's me. --> and here's me.

Thank you so much for making it available Taron.
Last edited by borjonx on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:38 am

Thank you, borjonx, that is an appealing combination indeed! c:! Besides, what a beautiful daughter you have! :o Congratulations! :)
I've recently started playing with ShaderToy online, which inspires me to goof around some more with this, maybe adding some experimental stuff to Verve again, too! :hyper:
Anyway... great stuff, beautiful color choices all around and what a girl! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:38 pm

congrats borjonx
great composition, I like the way you kinda reflected the picture backwards many times.
btw exporting a Verve painting into a 3D app can be done using the displacement render,
I would suggest looking how rcpongo did it. Though this particular way is very interesting
I mean the way you brought back and forth your verve painting and paint over it many times.
Didn't you missed loosing some of the texture?
congrats again.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:39 pm

I replaced the image above w/the finished one - it's basically the same but includes a couple tweaks & the acting co's logo. As far as losing some texture - I didn't explain very well. I first painted that bright orange/pinkish painting in Verve, then I put it in the left picture frame in my 3D world. In the right picture frame I put this Verve piece: https://www.taron.de/forum/download/file.php?id=2719 and threw in some hollow crystal spheres (just for reflection/refraction/specularity, etc) and rendered that out in Lightwave3D w/ray recursion = 16. Then I took that rendered piece & used it in the right picture frame & rendered again, repeating.

Then for the final render I put Avalon(the Red Queen) into the scene & rendered one last time in Lightwave. The funny thing about that method is that since she's actually in the physical scene, her reflections are picked up in the 5 spheres in that scene, but not any of the previously rendered scene spheres (in the right picture frame).

Then I took that final render back into Verve & painted a little with no drying, max fluidity, lots of buildup (LOVE THE 3D BUILD-UP TARON!!!) etc. I'm also using SHIFT more & more to just push paint around; that in itself is an empowering painting technique. The trippy part of that final Verve paint/push session was realizing how smooth the lower left sphere could be drawn out to veins, like roots from a tree.

Post Tue May 26, 2020 6:09 am

I am not a good artist like you all, but I LOVE Verve Painter, and especially the various 3D physics/particle system/shading, etc. effects(and everything else about it; except Ctrl Z [nyuck nyuck]). I've been throwing random Alaska photos/videos and Verve snippets into a bucket and trying to sync them to Ableton Live grains recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slDQCelwmqM

btw - when you tap with bias on the branches at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBO2hNv_tTE?t=1792 my brush is always a circle; changing bias doesn't seem to affect the brush shape - does that depend on the pen/tablet? I'm on an old Wacom Graphire3 CTE-630 - everything else works w/the pen except spin/rotate & tilt.

As always - thank you so much Taron for making this amazing software available & free. IT IS AWESOME!!!!!

Site Admin

Post Tue May 26, 2020 10:33 am

Hey, borjonx, yeah, it's way too much fun, isn't it!? :hyper:
Bias reacts very much to the pen tilt and I can't quite tell how it responds to recognizing a pen, but not getting tilt. Somehow I didn't think of that, hmmm... I must have a look again. Well, as much as you enjoy Verve, you should consider getting a used Wacom Intuos or so, it's well worth it! :ob

You're very welcome, my friend!

However, the next version can no longer be free, because I can't afford it anymore and people generally don't understand to give anything, unless they have to. But I will keep the old version online for free as I have always promised. After that I can only pray and hope it will save us.

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:51 am

more experimenting w/Verve and learning Blender. I'm not a good artist like you all, but I LOVE VERVE!!! The experimentation is incredible, it is limitless(and mind boggling). i made these experiments because my kids are growing up, and i see the challenges they and their friends encounter.

carefulWithYourMindzzzz.jpg
carefulWithYourMindzzzz.jpg (244.48 KiB) Viewed 10858 times

"careful with your mind" is because i was seeing how easy it is to do harm with your thoughts(to your words). you can make a person cry, or *hate* themselves(or hate their family) & hate this world, even commit suicide - without ever touching them. the smooth grey sphere is a brain before it gets "smart"; empty of knowledge & power. No wrinkles needed to store that info.

learnAboutYourFearszzzz.jpg
learnAboutYourFearszzzz.jpg (242.4 KiB) Viewed 10858 times

learnAboutYourFearszzzz is pink on the left and B&W on the right because I see us starting as nothing but 'flesh' and growing into something. It appears everyone encounters fears - it is a necessity and helps us survive. But when people ignore their own internal fears, they are not able to overcome them and end up casting fear outward onto other people's hearts and minds.

Verve is therapeutic for me.
Last edited by borjonx on Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:40 pm

Fantastic that you combine it with Blender and create such elegant gallery moments with your philosophical contemplation. :ob

Increasingly it becomes risky to speak freely, which explains to me that there must've been countless times in the growth of our civilization, when explicit observations regarding each contemporary system were dangerous to reveal. Instead we would find generalized revelations, hoping to inspire people so that they may develop an understanding of their own by themselves.

My advice is to lead people towards their strengths, inspire them to find what they wish for, be that regarding what they do and what they wish to encounter. Lead them toward the switch that turns on their light within, you know. The only way to access your true power is by knowing what it is and always knowing that it exists in the first place, because it does. Everyone of us is a treasured piece of the whole that must not be missing!

And cut the crap regarding "I'm not as good an artist blah, blah, blah" - you're awesome and inspiring right the way you create right now and I have the strong feeling you will gradually roll stronger and stronger on the rails you already are finding. What you do is already a total delight to me and I'm totally sure to many others, too! Free yourself and simply enjoy your beautiful and thoughtful creativity! c:! ... I love it! :hyper:

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:54 pm

I always wondered how to send Verve paintings in a 3d package,
definitely one main thing on my "To Do someday before I die" list. XD
cool paintings, congrats borjonx

Taraon wrote:the next version can no longer be free

please Taron tell us about the next Verve release!?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks