Love the shaders!!!

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:58 am

Re: Love the shaders!!!

> I always wondered how to send Verve paintings in a 3d package

It's insanely simple nowadays - you just click "Add --> Image as Plane". It brings in pics and movies and places them on appropriately scaled planes/polygons. In the old days I had to create the polygon first, size it for the aspect ratio of the pic/film, give some thickness to it, maybe bevel the edges, etc. Then bring that object and the image(s) into the 3D anim screen & map the image onto the polygon/plane. Blender is incredible.

It's fun to take the final rendered output back into Verve & add crazy effects.

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:54 am

Or even more simple for no headache (PC) Paint 3D (free) :)

If you want more deepth (for big 3D models) and if you have yet a 3D Model always very easy (years' light from Blender) :hihi:
Try the free SimLab Composer Lite free ! :) (max 1920 *800)

My last daily made Verve/Vervette :)

Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:07 am

bellissima! Very nice indeed!!! Your piece looks both futuristic and like something a thousand years old - if the color scheme was cold it reminds me of something from my region long, long ago

native.jpg
native.jpg (175.3 KiB) Viewed 10536 times

Thank you for that video link too - THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!! One of the cool things about the public internet is seeing something amazing, and realizing the footage was shot multiple years ago, lol.

Post Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:25 pm

nice done :beer:
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:07 am

I won an art competition Friday; I submitted a piece that was made up of 3 pieces I made using VervePainter, composited in Blender & touched up in GIMP. I posted the graphic earlier, but wanted to post it here because this image includes the "story" behind the piece. The prize was only $50 but I would like to give you half Taron. I'm preparing many more and hopefully that amount will grow. :beer:

learnFear.jpg
learnFear.jpg (238.31 KiB) Viewed 9980 times

Thank you so much for making Verve - it's therapeutic, it's powerful, it's soothing. Art influences behavior; this art is stirring emotions. I can scoot this posting to the "off-topic" section if I've crossed the line again.

Pat

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:41 am

Oh, man, that's AWESOME! CONGRATULATIONS! :bounce: :beer: :bounce:
And thank you so much for your generosity, that's much, much appreciated, though this is entirely your accomplishment and well deserved success! :hug:

You certainly are making me very, very proud! It is a beautiful piece, too, c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed May 05, 2021 5:15 am

Thanks for the kind words Taron, I appreciate it. The single most important thing I realized from that experiment was the importance of "the story"; you can not underestimate it!!! My goal is to tell the story via visuals only.. until then, here's another experiment

driveFaster2n2.jpg
driveFaster2n2.jpg (218.28 KiB) Viewed 9884 times

Site Admin

Post Wed May 05, 2021 7:11 am

A great illustration of the theme. Very clever and fitting! However, AI will always be just a tool, which becomes particularly clear, when you realize that even our body is more or less a tool to us, as are our brains. The only thing to worry about is someone using AI to expand and extend their power, because that indeed is possible or will be. By that time we all can only hope that we wake up in large enough numbers to pull the plug on the wizards, before too many generations get lost. ;)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:09 pm

I set max fluidity, curls, buildup & tweak a few settings so that the particle system never rests to zero. Then I fed the camera through an AI so the paint brush follows my hand. The video below is an experiment of using my voice to move the paint brush, and project it onto the back of a house. Audio is low but if you turn up the volume you can see the relationship between my voice & motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuYHR-LEV-E

I'm hoping to get an interactive exhibit setup soon at my university. Verve continues to amaze me.

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:35 pm

Excellent! c:!

Why only a very low range of colors ?
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks