dines sketch book

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Re: dines sketch book

more*

Post Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Happy new year every one! :beer:

This is my first sketch for the year. No robots this time, more a little experiment with colors, shape and a combination with some abstract art and organics.

I had a little trouble with version 0.99u.19. While I zoomed in and out again I got always some artifacts on my organic layer. So it took me some time to polish it but anyway - had a lot of fun with this one.

Wished I could update to the latest version but my friend kaspersky snaps everytime I download it and won't let save. Even with an exception for this exe file and process :PP ... Hope this is going to change in one of the anti virus pattern updates...

Again comments and crits are very welcome...

cheers D.

sktechy_web.jpg
sktechy_web.jpg (160.66 KiB) Viewed 14567 times

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Just see, if you can write to Kapersky about it! That would actually help a great deal.
It's been a while that I've heard any complaints, but it might just be that people don't bother letting me know, I could imagine. Anyhow, it's apparently a never ending pest.

Nice experiment, though, good job! With all the contrast going on, you could go for even more contrast in the iris of your eye, going into a deeper black and punching the little highlight a bit brighter. That would make the whole thing pop a bit more.
Also, with such a great minimalism, it becomes even more desirable to go for a clean layout. You could literally follow the golden spiral (just look that up!) with your swirls or at least place the eye fairly accurately on the golden ratio. This you could achieve now by simply adjusting the crop of the image [shift][F2] or using the warp mode. The latter would allow you to even push the swirls onto the spiral, too. It all sits very close to there already, so it wouldn't be the most dramatic change. 8-)

Anyhow, great painting and great way to start the new year! :ob c:!
(u.19??? Boy, oh, boy that's a very old version!) Just let Kapersky know about the issue with verve_painter.exe from here, and that it is a "false positive"!)

http://newvirus.kaspersky.com/
Select URL and copy Verve's download location
Select FALSE ALARM
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:43 am

An alien creature within abstract art? :shrug:
Maybe the eye color could be different to stand out.
Anyway it looks good! :ob
Happy New Year to you as well!
DA: http://ovn1.deviantart.com/
Insta: https://www.instagram.com/_ovn1_/
System Info: NVidia GeForce GTX 970

Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:42 pm

thanks for the comments!

@Taron: I reported the false alarm to the provided link. Let's see if it will work after pattern update (or a couple of updates :oops: )

thanks also for the feedback on the painting c:! I'll looked up golden spiral interesting information that I should definitely incorporate.
Yeah, the iris took some work - I know it still needs to improve and needs some observation.

@Ovn1: Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the "alian eye" just turned out with experimenting with the shapes. Just had to sketch it out after sawing the fluids hinting it ;)

I like the idea to give the iris maybe another color to pop it more out. Thank you for your comments.

cheers

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Whow ...finally got the new version downloaded. I even got an excuse from kaspersky for the false positive :beer:

One of the amazing and always fascinating things of verve is to follow the fluids until the shapes turn into something... I just love that. It is entertaining an relaxing at the same time.

So while I actually tried to improve my experiments of an eye... I got some sort of site tracked and this turned out... c:!

alienatic_eye2_web.jpg
alienatic_eye2_web.jpg (204.13 KiB) Viewed 14290 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:49 pm

That looks OUTSTANDING, dines! GREAT JOB! A deep sea monster...kind of like an angler fish or the head of these gulping eels- forgot what they were called. Anyway: Fantastic result! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:56 am

I am with you dines. Playing around and something beautiful is happening. That#s verve.
But such a beauty is the exception dines!
So cool!
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:52 am

Very convincing! c:!
Last edited by Pilou on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:37 pm

Not only convincing but the eyes c:! :beer: pin all into the place. wow!
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks