katilaie's art

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Re: katilaie's art

Taron wrote:I think it's totally sweeeeet! Very psychedelic and a little as though one had taken a color-perception-enhancing substance, hahaha! 8-)
The only thing I would advice, though, is to keep a horizon that appears to be water as straight and as horizontal as possible. You could use the Grid to get a good guide there!
I really dig the colors. It also feels a bit like a dream of sorts. :)

There ain't no thing like "up to snuff", if it is about your artistic explorations. They only have to be on par with your pleasure! :D ...and that seems to come across perfectly, especially to me! :D

Thank you. I appreciate the comment. :) Yeah the water didn't turn out as realistic as I wanted it to, but I'm happy with the piece and that's all that matters. :)

Here is another landscape I just did. I got inspired by someone else's work on here to try using a black canvas instead a white one. :) It turned out kinda cool.

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:59 pm

Cool! 8-)

Remember this famous one!
By Caspar Friedrich 1774 - 1840
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

jim

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Phew, yes ... i like the landscape very much :D Sure looks like you had a lot of fun painting it :shock:
i actually even do enjoy the shifted horizon, gives me the sense of being on a rocking boat, sailing into the sunset ... on LSD :lol:

Real nice to see more from you! Thanks for sharing :)
Specs: Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition : NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 : 12 GB DDR3 1333 MHz : Windows 7 64bit

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:14 pm

jim wrote:Phew, yes ... i like the landscape very much :D Sure looks like you had a lot of fun painting it :shock:
i actually even do enjoy the shifted horizon, gives me the sense of being on a rocking boat, sailing into the sunset ... on LSD :lol:

Real nice to see more from you! Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for commenting. ;) I appreciate the compliment. And yes, I did have fun. :) I like to work fast sometimes, and I had to get that off my chest as soon as I was inspired. That painting, as well as the previous landscape, took about 10-15 minutes. A quick painting by most standards. XD

Anyway, here's another one I just did. LOL I'm on a roll. I'm really having fun with this. BTW Thanks Taron for suggesting I use the grid. It was a HUGE help. :)

jim

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:38 pm

AAAaaah, yes ... Brush #8 and purple are like ... my two favorite things :lol:

Hey, while youre in such a painty mood ... May i ask you to join us for a firework over at the daily sketch section? ;)

We are celebrating that Taron made a new brush well suited for that ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HpNknBscMPc#t=532
Specs: Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition : NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 : 12 GB DDR3 1333 MHz : Windows 7 64bit

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Hey, while youre in such a painty mood ... May i ask you to join us for a firework over at the daily sketch section? ;)

We are celebrating that Taron made a new brush well suited for that ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HpNknBscMPc#t=532

I wish. I can't remember how I got past my computer's security system last time to download Verve, so, for now, I can't download the update and get the brush. :/ I'll have to wait 'til I can figure out what I did.

jim

Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:28 am

Aww, that's really too bad ... So many people have issues like that. :cry:
Isn't there some way to sneak past something like that? Maybe an automated email that sends you a .ziped version if you enter your mail, Taron?

The latest version is a bit buggy, anyway ... Maybe just as well to wait for the fix :roll: :twisted:

Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:15 pm

jim wrote:Aww, that's really too bad ... So many people have issues like that. :cry:
Isn't there some way to sneak past something like that? Maybe an automated email that sends you a .ziped version if you enter your mail, Taron?

The latest version is a bit buggy, anyway ... Maybe just as well to wait for the fix :roll: :twisted:

Haha I heard that it was not a solid version. lol And besides, today it's clouds. And I can totally do that. :)

Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Here's a new one. :)

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:25 pm

Where do you guys hear those things!? Anyway, it is a solid version, or at least as solid as it's always been. Really big images (2500x1600 plus) have some troubles as soon as layers come into play, but that shouldn't worry you. But I don't mind you working with older versions, go right ahead! ;)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks