dba's doodles on Verve

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: dba's doodles on Verve

Taron wrote: you do make me hurry to solve the import issue for sure! ;)

Do I ? :roll:
I can be very patient, don't worry

And thanks of course for the english lesson, it will be very usefull. I must have been doing that mistake for so many years now :?

Take care. I'm off :D

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:56 pm

Hey, by the way, sorry for not thinking about it before but that's a really fundamental thing if you want people to directly draw into Verve. It may seem trivial but absolutely all the artists I know have the same requirement in this regard: it is imperative to be able to rotate the canvas in the direction we want, because we all have this habit of turning the paper in all directions while sketching and any app still unable to offer this is very unconfortable.

Furthermore, I took time to test the grid system in Verve and, boy, that's an amazing tool ! Clearly a huge advantage for drawing. I love the fact that you let us choose the focal and even have a fisheye perspective, which is very hard to draw actually. Manga Studio as a wonderfull system for perspective grids too, but different. It let us create all the vanishing points we need. In that way, its more laborious for us to build the view but closer to what we do on paper. I like it but i like very much the Verve ready-made 3D grid, which is most of time what we need.

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:52 pm

And the grid is just its own prototype, just teasing with what will happen later on! ;)
Ah yes, rotating the canvas...I've NEVER ever done that in any app, which is why I haven't even thought about hooking that up earlier, but I will have a go at it. I'm a little scared of it, but we shall see... However, I most certainly would not call that fundamental. Nowadays with the tablets on the rise, it shouldn't be all that interesting for too long...I'd imagine one could physically rotate those, hehe. :lol: ...but, yeah, I'll look into it. 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:21 pm

Well, I use a wacom tablet (since 15 years now) but it's not a Cintiq, my hands are on the tablets but my eyes on the screen. So if I rotate tablet but the picture doesn't rotate on screen, that's weird. Tablets with screen included are too expansive for most of us. And, anyway, many of us prefer to look the screen and not the tablet, so that our hands do not bother us to see the picture. This is why the canvas as to rotate on screen, for many of us.

That said, you are right. This rotating canvas is quite recent on most of softwares. Photoshop took a very long time before realizing it was very useful for us. And for me, fundamental, really.

Can't wait to see the final grid on Verve ! :P

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Eh, I've been talking about cintiq, ipad and all those tablets, of course. I'm not used to those either, actually, and MUCH prefer the traditional style, looking at the screen while working a tablet and a keyboard. I've been doing that for 25 years already, haha, so that's a tough habit to break.
Anyway, I'll have a go at it for sure! ;)

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:24 pm

Can't believe you did it so quick ! :o
Rotate AND spinning engine ! Hmmm Can Verve make cofee for me ?
Ok, ok, forget it. Anyway, i'm going to do that now :

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Exactly! :lol:
Oh, and I just now released another version with consistent brush rotation, too... loads of little oversights... :roll:
Thanks for acknowledging, by the way! 8-) ...this stuff ain't all that easy. :geek:

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:27 pm

Very quick sketchy thing before going to bed. The rotate feature is cool !
Attachments
Alcazar.jpg
Alcazar.jpg (133.5 KiB) Viewed 20211 times

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:31 am

My goodness, you bring such a different style into the Gallery, it's a total delight! 8-)
Just on the cusp of deserving a post in the "mature" threads, I particularly dig the little cupid in the corner! And as always: The colors!Stunning consistency and great taste! :)

Post Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Few days ago, I started a small series of illustrations about the tale of Blue Beard (don't you call him blaubart ?), where I imagine that blue beard was a woman killing her husbands. Just a concept idea I want to use as a pretext for some cool pics. Yet I only finished two of them.
First one can be seen here :
http://dba-bd.blogspot.fr/2014/06/barbe-bleue-etait-une-femme-si-si.html
and second one here :
http://dba-bd.blogspot.fr/2014/06/barbe-deux.html
While I was sketching the third one, I suddenly wanted to try it with Verve, and here is the result. For the series itself, I'll probably redo this picture in a more consistent style because this one is too different from the others, but I thought it would please you to see it. I personally like it pretty well. As always, Verve brings so much surprise. I'm not used at all with that weird feeling of not having the total control but what an experience ! Can't wait before trying again !
Attachments
BarbeBleueChap3_02FINAL_sml.jpg
Blue Beard III
BarbeBleueChap3_02FINAL_sml.jpg (166.7 KiB) Viewed 20119 times
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks