Sketches and Exploration of Tools

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sat May 30, 2020 9:42 pm

Sketches and Exploration of Tools

I am/have been a user of Corel Painter, portalgraphics Opencanvas, Clip Studio Paint, Photoshop, Illustrator, and various other programs. VERVE has qualities that none of these programs come close to approaching.

I am trying to learn the tools. Personally, the user interface is challenging to me, so this is something I am learning. I will post doodles as I discover new tools and how to best navigate this program.

The first sketch is a dragon. (Every artist enjoys drawing a dragon....)

Site Admin

Post Sat May 30, 2020 10:01 pm

Re: Sketches and Exploration of Tools

That is AWESOME! :hyper:
Welcome to the forum, kannika! :beer:
Yes, I'm all too aware of the challenging GUI and it will at some point get a big overhaul, I promise! :oops: :D

This dragon looks beautiful already, you're getting me very excited! c:!
If you ever have any questions, don't hold back at all! I'm very happy about your welcome message, thanks a lot! :hug:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat May 30, 2020 10:11 pm

Hello Taron, I do not mean to be critical--every art program is a learning process. (It is just that many processes were established many years ago, so they are not "better" or "worse" but they are familiar to users.)

The program genuinely is extremely powerful. I often switch between programs for taking advantage of their specialties. However, no program is remotely like VERVE for VERVE's strengths. I was trained as a painter (oil painter), and many painters still do not like digital painting and accurately express that "painter" programs are not like painting. VERVE is genuinely like painting.

I am still doodling. Thank you for your interest.

Site Admin

Post Sun May 31, 2020 12:04 am

I love you! :hug: (<< very late, very tired, but had to be said!)
Ok, here comes the longer version...
At the risk of repeating myself, this has been my greatest wish after I first realized Verve's concept. I was hoping that artists, who knew real painting would give it a try and could tell me, if I'm crazy, because I felt just that. I also know how much further I can still take it and what magic still waits for Verve to manifest so artists can use even more of their intuition and develop true conversations, a real connection with their art on the computer without feeling that the machine was in the way. Rather that they can allow themselves to embrace the nature of the computer. There's so much power and freedom laying in waiting on it, ready to finally offer its real potential to artists.
There is still a lot of work ahead, but it is artists like you, who give me the jolt of energy that makes me love doing this even more than I already do. See, that's where the short version of my reply comes from and it will always stand! 8-)

You have a wonderful, strong style and immediately show what motivates you creatively and I absolutely love that and can't wait to watch what else you will discover. Especially, though, I can't wait to see what you do once you are 100% comfortable and just let your artistic drive manifest freely. Brings me joy just to think about it! :hyper:

Anyway, the time is approaching where I will resume Verve's development and everything I'm reading has an impact on me. A big deal will be customization along with some GUI and handling presets that people are already familiar with from other software, while maintaining the same intuitive access to features, which I believe make Verve as strong as it is. Some of it will be challenging, because it does do things that others don't and therefore begs for certain hotkey interactions that are rather unique. But we shall see how best to bridge the gap.

Your feedback will be invaluable, because it is very clear that you not only know what you're doing, but you know what you enjoy doing! This is the most important thing to me! :ob c:!

Again, I'm thrilled to have you on board and you are making me very, very happy!

Post Sun May 31, 2020 8:12 am

Fresh air and cool palett! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Everything still alright, or did I scare you off somehow? :shock: ...if so, I apologize, of course! :oops: ...also, if you run into any troubles or wish for any support, I'm all here for you! :)

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:30 am

Great work Kannika. I like both of them. Nice bold style :ob c:! Don't stop now :D
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:32 am

Welcome to the forum Kannika
Your dragon looks tender and kind, I would love to see more artwork of it.
Congrats.

Taron, that announcement is absolutely thrilling, it really gives me the goose spot xD.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:25 am

Hi Taron,

Apologies for a long wait. I just have been busy with work since this was posted, and for a long time digital tablet was broken.

Very happy to hear of developments! I will also be trying to do other sketches with Verve.

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:21 am

Here is a reply to demonstrate:

Still uniquely good program for specific things.... No imitation of this program anywhere.

However, might see if I can record process of painting. Program presents unique challenges. For example, program will only open first time it is installed. (Not a problem, computer is very fast, however an unusual situation.)
Next

Return to Your Artworks