Taron's little gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Re: Taron's little gallery

Yeah, once I realized it was probably due to the fluid, it does seem like something that won't be easily fixed or at least not worthy of a lot of attention yet. Still, it's weird how it does show up so much with "zero" fluidity. Maybe the zero limit could be brought further down to where it's actually preventing any flow at all? And/or have the velocity laid down by the brush also scale by fluidity value so it will not encourage this stretching. Right now zero seems just "somewhat rigid". The pulses only significantly appear during quick sketching anyway, so even something like a "fluid toggle" in the GUI later might work out. Disabling the simulation for cases where you need smoothness.

Yep, it's definitely showing crazy progress and advanced features for a quick test prototype! Most likely traditional artists would appreciate and recognize it even more than I do.

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Well, it is never really 'zero', as the vectors must push the paint, otherwise the whole thing wouldn't work the way it does. Zero fluidity really is rather a very high dampening that stops the fluids instantly, ramping down the vector push amount immediately. I already thought about hooking in an alternative standard digital paint process or a different kind of paint mode that still reacts to bumps in the canvas or existing paint. That could be good fun, too.
However, maybe once I figure out an even more ideal implementation, such pulsing problems might just go away and I can keep it as consistent as I'm hoping for it to remain/become. I really want to go at the whole thing differently, you know, making it its very own digital paint paradigm, so to say. If the logic is strong and consistent, as artist you can rely on what happens there, much like it would be in the real world, so to say. Maybe even a bit better, without the mess, hahaha, but the skill would play a major role again, too.
I just know that this thing is well worth some devotion of mine at the very least and can't wait to take it to the next level. I definitely thrive by your encouragement there and the support each sketch of everyone means to my progress! It's awesome and I love it very much! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:47 am

Inspired by the gorgeous experiments from gjpetch, here's a semi-abstract doodle, using 3 layers and just some free feeling around...

anotherbird.jpg
anotherbird.jpg (242.79 KiB) Viewed 12624 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:01 am

And one more weird one...experimenting with brush-blur a bit on layers. I kept using mirrored repeat and offset the thing a little...

rogane.jpg
rogane.jpg (245.42 KiB) Viewed 12624 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:36 pm

Random scribbles while watching some shows... the orange bot is from Elysium some cut early on. Just arbitrary, really. The facial section is from a random cut of a tv show. I was in the mood to do some exercises with it...see how this stuff feels. It's fun, too.

random_scribbles.jpg
random_scribbles.jpg (248.69 KiB) Viewed 12621 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:26 pm

I've been working on the interface, but made quite a few sketches in the meantime. This one I just made right now to have some simple fun. It still needs quite a few more brush features and modes, I believe, but it's something else already to just do little speed paints.

forest.jpg
forest.jpg (243.56 KiB) Viewed 12273 times

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:52 pm

night02.jpg
night02.jpg (248.78 KiB) Viewed 12260 times

OH, it's such a joy to have the fluids smooth now... my goodness. Anyway, here's a quicky! :)

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:47 am

Happy New Year, everybody! :mrgreen:

I know, this is a weird one to start the year, but I've been experimenting around with "drying" and layers and I kinda like how it shows the evolving qualities Verve has. Hopefully I get to work on brushes today, because I have such an exciting idea, but first I have to wake up/warm up again...

fierymess.jpg
fierymess.jpg (241.64 KiB) Viewed 12232 times

And a naive little landscape doodle. I know the layer-merge feature is a bit weird, because the bump amounts act differently before and after, but I oddly enjoy it, too. :P
...maybe I'll make it more wysiwyg eventually. :roll:
landscape11.jpg
landscape11.jpg (248.47 KiB) Viewed 12221 times

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Just experimenting with drying some more...and a bit more severe lighting.

stuff.jpg
stuff.jpg (236.94 KiB) Viewed 12218 times

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:18 am

Good Morning...and what a strange morning this is, but beautiful, too. Roasted a fresh batch of Columbian Supremo just right (yumm!) and read some uplifting feedback about Verve (super-yumm!). Apparently that puts me in a cheesy mood, haha. So what... oh, yes, doodling a bit around.

It's really fun just to fill up the canvas and smear stuff around, cranking up fluidity, playing with fluid smudge... joy!

drying08.jpg
drying08.jpg (245.27 KiB) Viewed 12215 times
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks