Everybody's First Doodle

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:56 pm

Re: Everybody's First Doodle

Love your app! My first more serious try, after mixing and twirling some colors around. This is the view from my office.

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:22 pm

Fantastic! I can absolutely feel it! It does feel a little like Germany, somehow?! ...but on what heck of a beautiful evening!
Great job! I'm excited about the next already! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:57 pm

Thanks! It IS germany! Cologne to be more precise. I am excited for what you will make of the app. Best wishes!

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:41 pm

HA! Well, sollte sich ja irgendwie bemerkbar machen, dass ich meine ersten 26 Jahre dort verbracht hatte, hahaha!
I like Cologne. But then, everything is more inviting than Frankfurt, in my book, hehehe. And the dome in Cologne is still one of the most surreal buildings and scenarios out there. My wife was just there, celebrating carnival. :D

Thank you and, yeah, keep'em coming! And let me know, if you have any wishes for Verve! I'll keep it all in mind. ;)

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:13 am

Here's my first. This software is a total joy.

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:57 am

As I explained in my thread: I cannot draw. :D So, this is my first feeble attempt on creating something...don't really know what it is. Maybe worms creeping up from the background to the front? Coloured sperm specimen? Haha. Ended up just playing around with bristle build-up (which is smallest in the lower right and highest in upper left corner). Then tried to add some bump and playing around with the light source. So, well, here it is then. I'm sure I can do better than this. (This is actually the first time I'm sure of it, since Verve lets me experiment with so wild ideas.)
first.jpg
first.jpg (154.97 KiB) Viewed 14427 times

If I would have been more successfull with the light source, I could have named this "Run to the light! Run!" :D

This second doodle of mine I like a whole lot better. I personally love clouds and their neverchanging form and beauty. I've always wanted to paint those - and now I think with Verve I can make something that at least remotely resembles them! This one is an attempt to draw different types of them. In the bottom, there is something which I think will produce rain in a bit. :) This reminds me of something I remember often seen from the window of an airplane...In the upper part, there are some paint artefacts which I sadly couldn't quite get rid of. But I am veeeery inspired to try out all cool stuff now, so I guess I will learn, eventually. BTW, this was produced almost solely with just adding paint and smearing it - no fancy stuff used.
clouds.jpg
clouds.jpg (165.61 KiB) Viewed 14426 times

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:32 pm

@ Etsija:
Hahahaha, "run to the light"... I never knew it glowed in there?! :mrgreen:

Yeah, sweeeet, you have it in you for sure! I mean the painting, of course! And I'll gladly do some more youtube-studies on clouds an all that. It's so much fun and I'm sure you'll enjoy it, too, or at least I hope! :)

I really like your choice of colors, too! Drpetter's suggestion to expand the muted area of the color spectrum really shows, I believe. A very good call that was! 8-)

@ matthew:
Thanks, Matt! Feels almost like a Tim Burten-esque animation movie backdrop! Really a fun use of B/W and it makes me want to use my imagination...a cliff by the ocean, I can almost hear the sea. 8-)

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Spent way too much time for a first doodle.
Attachments
ship.jpg
ship.jpg (209.82 KiB) Viewed 14421 times

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:21 pm

OMG, you went all out, that's awesome! I know it seems a bit strange to say that, looking at all the marvelous details in the foreground, but I love the sky and the clouds in the background! Fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing this! :D

Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:41 pm

hello Taron :)

So I have now a new computer my poor 10 years old cry on its corner! it's night and day! :o
So 100% Fludify is not more a problem! :shock:
Your program is some telluric and hypnotic! 8-)

Technical question from a no techical user :oops:
I put i inside folder Program Files (x86)
Does it support 64 Bits Normal Folder Program Files ?

Ps 1 000 girls and guys have seen it on CGTalk! ;)

My one minute doodle first one! :lol: Amazing as the color's waves create infinities oceans of materials! :shock:

test_verv01.jpg
test_verv01.jpg (85.04 KiB) Viewed 14387 times
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks