Everybody's First Doodle

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Re: Everybody's First Doodle

Hi there!

This is my first ever creation in Verve! I dub it, "The Easiest Drawing You Can Make In Verve!"

Once I learn all the hotkeys and functions of the program, I might actually do something a little more ... complex :P
But alas! This thread is called Everybody's First Doodle, and this one is mine.

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:31 pm

And it is yet another perfect example for a healthy first doodle! Rock on! 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:39 pm

I always thought of using the power of the nowadays GPUs to do a realistic and fast simulation of paint and such. Sadly, I am not much of a coder but... Finally someone has actually came up with a proper implementation, so thanks for this. It's a really nice program, works really well and looks spectacular! Of course, there are some things I could nitpick, but it's in an unfinished state and well... It still works amazing! Thanks for making this great tool! It's lots of fun to paint in it! :D

I'm planning to get a drawing tablet for my birthday (Coming pretty soon!) since I always liked to draw and this would be a great way to work on more art since IT (I'm planning to get a degree in this field) is also something I'm passionate about.

Anyways, here's a pic I did as a test if I could draw something. I guess it turned out pretty nice:
http://tomoalien.deviantart.com/art/Bet ... -444691752

Again, thanks for making such an awesome tool :D

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:42 pm

GREAT, I hope you don't mind that I edited your post to show the picture in there! Great First Doodle! :D
You did that with a MOUSE? Woho...not bad at all, by the way! :shock:

Oh, good that you don't start nitpicking, hehehe, it's really all still very raw and in rather a prototype kind of state. I'm a little shocked it has sparked so much attention so quickly, really. But I'm thrilled, of course!

Anyway, let me know when you congratulate you on birthday and tablet! ;)

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:20 am

Too lazy to move my tablet, so done with a mouse..

I watched in pure awe as the... paint mix with each other so flawlessly... and I put too many colours there so it looks murky, sorry...

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:21 am

Cute! :)

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:56 pm

I started with just a bunch of colors and my mouse but those were eventually blended together to make a red sky. The red sky led to a massive lava sea while I played around with the brushes, and of course the lava sea needed its own island which is where things get noticeably less and less clean. After the island was boring it of course needed something outrageous like a massive dragon looking at the viewer which was mostly just to play around with the settings some more. Anyway it's clearly not a refined picture but it's my first picture and find that I work far better with three dimensional mediums than two dimensional ones.

Love your utility that you're developing here and the guidelines that are provided are great but I know many artists like to sketch a plan and use it as a guide while they work on another layer so it would be neat if maybe the painter could import line drawing that are in two colors and interpret it as 0% fluid areas and fill it in. I'm not familiar with how this would have to be done but I could see it being a very powerful tool for most precision or planning.

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:03 am

That's great, hehe! :D
You have layers in Verve, you know, so you can totally work on those. Elaborate masking is still to come as well as fill functions and the likes. There should be quite a lot still coming, of course, including import of pngs and jpegs as well as plenty of other things, I don't even know, yet, hehe.
Anyway, I'm glad you found your way here! :)

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:45 am

Maybe I've been watching/reading too much Lord of the Rings lately...but either way here is my first real try at painting with Verve. The program is definitely going to take a while to get used to, but man is it fun! I love all the different textures I can get with just a few brushes. :)
Attachments
lothlorien.jpg
lothlorien.jpg (173.11 KiB) Viewed 12078 times

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:28 am

It also reminds me of an Ewok forest home with the staircase.
Nice tree-trunk patterning.
Visit: http://www.k4icy.com/ dA: https://www.deviantart.com/mikek4icy FB: mike.maynard.9277 email: mikek4icy@gmail.com
System Info: NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 (12Gb), AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 Ghz, 16 Gb, Windows 11
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks