Everybody's First Doodle

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:05 am

Re: Everybody's First Doodle

fresh n cool verving pic
welcome to the forum.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:03 pm

So I was introduced to this program because someone asked me to run some tests on my RX Vega 64 over on the AMD forums and so I spent a little time. - I'm a horrible artist, my hand writing is bad and all attempts in art programs have ended in hideous creations but using this I think my first attempt at "art" turned out halfway decent. Love the program and have recommended it to my art inclined family members.

Here is the 720p JPEG version to be under 256kb

MountainsLowRes.jpg
MountainsLowRes.jpg (170.46 KiB) Viewed 18928 times

As you can see I was following Taron's first demo.

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:42 pm

That's GREAT, considering everything you've just written there! c:! This should really, really encourage you to continue exploring this way, because I can immediately tell that you pay attention to the right things and just need to continue to dive deeper. It shows composition, it shows some color theory, it shows perspective, lighting and even ambient illumination and, which is most important, it shows some daring to explore and experiment. The extra bonus is that you make me feel quite proud, hehehe, thank you very much! :hug: :ob
There are some pretty awesome tutorials on youtube regarding oil and acrylics painting, which I think you should check out. Those videos make amazingly more sense to follow along with Verve than any digital paint tutorials. Verve is it's own thing and I just love when artists begin to realize this and go with it. Crazy beautiful things happen then. c:!

Again: WELCOME ABOARD and also thanks for spreading the word to your family, too, that's awesome! I hope, they'll give it a go, too. :)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 pm

Wow, thank you for those kind words and insight, coming from you that means a lot.

I will continue to play around with this because it's FUN, and that's coming from a script guy who is famously bad with art, the best I would make is what they call "programmer's art" :hihi: . From a programming perspective I'm also fascinated with what you've been able to accomplish. A beautiful result from someone who knows both art and code well enough to competently combine the two + the drive to do it, and that combination is rare.

Using the program even just for as little as I have has required me to think differently to get a result I like, I don't know if "working with the mistakes" which is what I've embraced in this program will help with coding my game project :lol: but it has opened my mind to this different perspective that I've never been able to grasp before coming from a purely scripting mindset. In one when I'm stuck I find it's best to throw everything out and stat over with a fresh mind, and with this I've found that if I just stick with it a little bit longer it turns into something I'm quite happy with.

I'll have to be mindful of these thoughts so that I don't inadvertently become a poorer programmer but who knows what will come of that and my game project. I'm a huge perfectionist so starting with art has never wen't well but I have to hand it to you and your program, I feel good about that little painting too and that's saying something given how critical I am of my work. Thank you for that. Also my entire family is excited to test this, my mom always loved to paint but hasn't done it in years because it's just not convenient, and my little sister is really excited to use it too since shes already made decent art with MS.paint :PP so I know she will take and use this program to great extent. My brother who makes the art assets for our games is also interested, if for nothing else this is perfect for concept art but it might be able to be used for more.

PS: On that note, are we free to use your program for commercial purposes? I would love to make some paintings that would actually sit on a wall in a 3d world! If not I completely understand, you can make money off this, and should!

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Oh, of course, you're absolutely free to use it to create professional content! I only insist that you tell me about it and show it to me!!! :hyper: ;)
As for coding, believe it or not, I approach everything in a similar fashion, growing things "organically" so to speak. This way I know I will break forward rather than getting stuck on trying to realize elaborate concepts. Every time I raise "dimensions" of complexity, though, I do revisit the whole code and defragment it, one might say. Here and there comes a point when I have figured out a great deal of new techniques, and then I might rewrite whole sections or even the very foundation. So, yeah, I am growing my code, keeping active and allowing it to evolve. This way I can respond to revelations along the way, which I otherwise might not have had, for example. There also comes a fair share of happy accidents, which invite their own branches. Funny enough, the "brush image" section is such a byproduct. Initially I wanted to write a more sophisticated way to blit images on an irregular quad polygon. As you know, GL will create two triangles with their own UV mapping and then just strap an image onto those, creating obvious splits between the two triangles, if they are deformed. So I wrote a shader that recomputes the uvmap across a quad. To test it I would make a square from which to read an image and an irregular quad somewhere else. And then I realized...hey, this could be fantastic for brush images! It's also perfect for remapping in perspective, which is something I will finish up and some point, too.
BUT we're derailing this thread, haha.... :oops: ... so, yeah, I'm super happy about everything you've written up there and if you wish to, you can totally start a little OFF TOPIC thread regarding your game or anything else, for that matter! And don't hold back to start your own gallery thread here, too, of course! c:!
OH, besides, I used Verve to do textures with displacement for some 3d projects in the past! Quite nice for that, too. That's why I made the component export. :ugeek: :)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:45 pm

uhrm uhrm
"patriot" it's me from the AMD forum question, my name is Eduardo Bedoya.
Welcome to the forum.

In these galleries there are several examples of what Verve can achieve in many styles n genres
Verve is an very enjoyable program and I'm sure you'll find your way in art with it, keep it up.

Hope to see more of all related to your game too. Congrats.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:10 am

First Doodle :hihi:

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:58 am

Hahaha, that's hilarious, thanks for sharing!!! :lol: ...I absolutely love your honesty already, considering how awesome your portraits are!!! :ob (still giggling: :hihi: ) So glad you've joined!

Post Fri May 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Downloaded Verve again after 5 years. Back then I was a kid and didn't realize how great the program is! I'm happy to explore it again :bounce: I got overexcited about all the cool features and ended up with a terribly messy artwork :D :D
Attachments
1l.jpg
1l.jpg (211.94 KiB) Viewed 13570 times

Site Admin

Post Fri May 01, 2020 4:04 pm

What, NO, this is AWESOME! :hyper: ... love how tribal and trippy it feels with lots of curious symbolism and showing of the vibrant colors you can get. I totally dig it! Keep 'em coming and I'm super happy you're back. Now all grown up and stuff! :beer:

Welcome back, Olesya! :hug: ...ah, I saw your email in the orders, hehe! Makes my day to see you post here now! :ob c:!
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks