DrPetter scribbles

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: DrPetter scribbles

Trying to see patterns in ink blobs ended up with this. A bit lazy, I could have gone in and painted the girl on a separate layer particularly, or at least zoomed in and applied some more attention to shades there. Not sure if I ever really got to notice the new paint stacking/scraping rule, but in theory I like it. Should make it easier to paint "normally" with different colors on a flat layer. There still seem to be bristle marks, so the overall physical feeling shouldn't be compromised.

kongcrop.jpg
kongcrop.jpg (54.65 KiB) Viewed 11717 times

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:27 am

Yeah, I tried to keep it rather subtle. It seems to work quite fine right now.
THIS looks very cool and scary, though! Great method to go about it, too. You can get some really crazy stuff with brush #4, heavy fluids, larger brush size and pen pressure on size. I'll...uhm...have to do a demo, damned... :oops:

Very nice sketch, for sure! 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:11 pm

Sorry folks for upbringing old gallery but i am currently on my slow, silent quest of traveling along basically each artist's gallery here, on vervePainting forum :roll:
Somehow came up with this idea to get a reeeeeaaally broad view on what totally has been made with verve - probably because how vervePaints due to the nature of the tool tend to look somewhat so unique, inviting to be checked.
My favorite in this gallery was the one named 'turtle' and ink-like drawing on previous page of dog and another of some creature. That ink-like style seemed pretty cool. This is crazy how different art styles can be squeezed from verve painter.

Artist - where did you dissappear?
Do you have squeezed something more :roll: , please?

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:22 pm

Thanks, Intars, yeah, it's gotten a bit quiet. I mean, I haven't posted any paintings in forever myself. Well, I'm pretty sure that things will pick up as soon as I pick up things again properly. In the meantime, well, Verve still works and machines have only gotten better, soooo... thanks for reviving drpetter's gallery, though, hehe! :ob ...I miss him, too! But he's usually busier with writing his own software, haha. :shrug: :hyper:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:03 pm

So then, another softwareDeveloper/ artist :roll: ??
You folks, are amazing characters, dare i say -.. i mean, look at all those tools 'for the people by the people' that you made 8-)
What kind of software he is writing? Do you know him ;) ?

Yes, verve still works. Isn't it great, that there is no insane, unnecessary pressure to constantly, monthly update, overdevelop something there (like it would be say if verve would be something like Adobe whole package monster or similar) ? This calmness, unpressureness of development of verve is what also contributes to verve image of being damn good tool - you know it's not rushed, overworked, annually repressed, injured and exhausted 'animal'. It just is, and grows organically.
Previous

Return to Your Artworks