With verve into the light

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:25 am

Re: With verve into the light

Ha, this is very good result with my favorite actor! No problem to recognize him at the first sight (I mean the end two results). :ob c:!
BTW thank you for the link. We can try to sketch and shade him too, not easy at all..

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:42 am

Great actor! Great result! c:!
Keep up the good work Knacki! :ob

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:27 pm

Thanks guys.
Yes please, go for him.
He is a nice gentle face you can observe easily longer.
Would love to see other ones doing him in their style.
Specially when taron has his creepy day and turns hollywoods most charming face into a monster :D Or zen together with Cezanne. Or Pilou continously pressing N and being most colourful ready in 4 Min incl. Gif animation. Or you Lemi, painting most dramatic clouds, forming his face, searching for his blown away hat. Mike would do him right before his favourite radio , soldering the new hyper antenna to get in contact with Mars....is it radio, btw? I only know walkie talkie instead, which is not his pro equipment, for sure. Maximum drivie talkie. And for sure all other guys just watching (we got some clicks recently). Verve is not a Media player, it is a tool to paint. Go for it and join the party ;)
Cheers,

Knacki

Edit - they changed size to mini....here is another link:
http://www.elmulticine.com/imagenes2.php?orden=428645
Last edited by Knacki on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:55 pm

Haha, YES, everybody can try to catch Freeman's face in his own way! :beer: It would be really interesting to see different results with the specific topic. I have something in my head that I want to paint at first but after that I definitely can give a try it!

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:34 pm

This is a funny thing to mention, but I had a small conversation with him once, when he came into my office at station x studios. It started off quite awkwardly, because of the "boss" at the time, who was a real cheese ball and he brought Morgan Freeman in to introduce us. I was quite known for my 3d eyes at that time, having done a magazine cover with one ("NewTekniques") and some people were head over heels on this. But he made it sound as if that was all I'm good for, haha, you know. Anyhow, Morgan was really sweet, though, just as gentle as you see him in films, calm and curious, which was refreshing. I explained to him what made eyes so interesting to me, nothing but a great study subject. They incorporate so many aspects that were new and challenging to 3d rendered art from all the substances involved; translucent skin with different pores and oiliness in a complex shape, the eyeballs, reflecting, refracting and complex motions beneath glossy layers as well as even a partially exposed muscle and last but not least our ability to feel something personal, to relate to the character behind the eye, transcending technical challenges. Anyhow, he understood immediately and seemed very pleased.
It was one of the first conversations I had with a Hollywood celebrity and it immediately made me see the simple humanity we all share; just some guy or gal having acting as a job, well suited and properly motivated. But the more I met, the more I sincerely began to pity them, for they were chosen into a kind of amputation of freedom and stunting of growth/maturing. If they could not wear their success, they just crumple in phobias for good reasons. He, however, knows how to wear his fame and he wears it in a pocket, really, hehehe.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Instantly recognizable :D While I am hardly the person to comment in depth there are also other approaches. The great Gene Colan used to do the hair or any head covering first and then draw in the face. His work on Tomb of Dracula was outstanding and he modeled Dracula after Jack Palance before Jack actually played Dracula in 1974, ToD having been started up in 1972. Well done :ob
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:42 am

Thanks tartan ;)

Wow - you met THE Morgan Freeman, taron.

That sounds cool.
And you have been Mr. Eye! :D
One easily forget, while you are painting with us noobs, that you have been one of the top guys in Hollywood.

Anyway. Me, I already got two Freemen!!!! :lol: :P :D
FreeNew.jpg
FreeNew.jpg (255.01 KiB) Viewed 12908 times

Done from a B&W picture.
Almost Brush 5 exclusive except hair with #2.
Hell of FUN this little time robber.
Would like to do some refinements though.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:34 am

ok This is your Best portrait yet in my eyes. Refinement? I think there is no need as it stands so well as it is :) c:! :D
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:58 am

Yes, excellent Knacki! c:!
I like so much your explorations in freestyle technique (one may say academic approach). :D
He has much more character! :ob
IMHO, after all, he has rough but refined face and this tehnique suits him very well!

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:57 am

Wowsa, Knacki! :shock: ...that is intense looking and a brilliant likeness! I get a mildly fresco like feeling from it, which is interesting! I think, it's because of the dry feel of the paint and the isolated colors. You've done a mighty fine job, bringing color into the BW reference! You could have a closer and careful look at tone variations across a face, now that you've come that far, which is incredibly far I should add! Really, really fine work, man! :ob c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks