Taron's nude studies...

Here you can post subjects for Adults Only. We've got to be sensitive to all cultures! Art knows no boundaries, that's why this part of the forum is there for you!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Other than that...almost everything goes, but be considered and don't go beyond nudity, please!

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:33 am

Taron's nude studies...

Okidoki, I finally did another Ziegfeld girl, and I must tell you: Verve has come along way since the last time I tried! :D

This took roughly 2.5h, which is about 4 times as fast as I was when I tried this in "Canvarion" the last time around. So...that's actually kind of fascinating. It's mostly smudging, as weird as it can feel to do that, but it's also kind of magical. :)
Attachments
Ziegfeld_artist.jpg
Ziegfeld_artist.jpg (246.04 KiB) Viewed 28431 times
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:55 am

Re: Taron's nude studies...

Taron, thank you for your software, your powerful and masterly painting and patience with us new students to you over the world. You are truly gifted. :shock:

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:55 am

Thanks, Pulse, I'm just blessed with all of you and I think I'm gaining strength with every painting fun everyone's having in Verve! :D
I just woke up a little too soon, but looked at her again and had to do some minor improvements... so add another 7 minutes to it, hehe. :oops: :lol:

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:12 am

Cuty palette! :D
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:44 am

Nice work the hairs are very well rendered !

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:07 am

Thanks! I used the brush bias the other way around (negative percentage to the bottom rim). I knew it would come in handy at some point! :)

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:09 am

GIfted bodies painted by an gifted artist.
Oh those days. No silicone only pure lovely reality.

I really searched for the original, because I was sure you wouldn't draw a kind of fold in leg if it isn't in original too ;)
Got it:
http://boudoirepoque.tumblr.com/image/54033690281

With same fold above knee.
What can I say? I follow your work some some years now, but your sensitivity in creating those beautiful work always surprises me.

The exact observation of light with a slightly male focus on perfect upper middle body parts ;)
And the hair! Oh that's a just exciting.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:49 am

Thanks, Knacki! Yeah, I didn't go all the way, figured it was enough. I love these Ziegfeld shots, they're always gorgeous, elegant and beautifully lit. And they have the focus on the upper body by default, all without me needing to be a man! ;)
But yeah, those days had some beautiful aspects to consider.

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:32 pm

I have been searching around seeking inspiration and I have found it lol. I have always liked the ziegfield girls and you nailed it. Beautifully done image :ob

I need insight and that insight might help other people besides me. How are you maintaining that clarity of line that you have on the Ziegfield girl? I realize after reading this thread that a lot of it was smudging but there is no smudge on the line that I can see. Did you paint her against the dark background and push the line where needed? And what brush did you mainly use? And which brush for the hair?

2 and a half hours plus 7 minutes ? c:!

Tom
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:22 am

Ehehe, man, that was a long time ago already. Amazing how quickly it goes by. I'm not sure what "line" you refer to, but it's almost exclusively been brush #2 with various setting changes for specific tasks. I had just written bias then and used it for the hair, I remember, fascinated that there is use for the negative bias, too, hehehe.
It's also been a heavy play between smudge [Shift] and average [Ctrl] + [Shift], which is needed sometimes to control gradients a bit more.
The other key is to make careful strokes rather than to go wild. That sounds slow for a moment, but it gets your result a whole lot quicker as the 2.5h kind of testify, even if they felt long to me, too, hehe. It's still not my thing to paint from reference and I sure hope to shake it off completely sooner than later or transform my communication with reference once more.

When you paint without reference, you imagine form and lighting, but you do so light by light, bounce to bounce. When you paint from reference it's all right there at once and your mind just switches off, not recognizing entirely anymore what goes where for what reason. You end up just relying on what you see and not what you've understood. And that's bad!
After that it's so hard to go back to pure imagination, because it requires that much more patience to reach satisfaction. The first light and bounce won't ever be enough so you have to keep going at it until all had been considered before you can judge the quality of your artistic virtuosity.

Anyway... love Ziegfeld Girls! :D
Next

Return to Mature Subjects