Hey there,...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:56 pm

Re: Hey there,...

Hi everyone!

Im Abrasax, a 29 years old guy from Galicia, Spain ( Sorry for my awful language ). Im elementary teacher and computer technician. I also compose music, play the guitar and sing in a band. In my free time I always draw, paint and lately im making models and animating with blender for implement in a game.

I was looking a software to create a more organic pictoric kind of textures and for now Im having a really really great time painting. Verve is awesome!!!
I hope someday I can import my png UV's to the program, it would be great.

And...one question... any idea of why Verve puts my athlon x2 4400 at 90%-95% all the time? I have a GT220 1G and Verve works laggy. I dont Know if it's fault of the cpu overdoing or the powerless graphic card.

Well, I want to finish saying thanks to you Taron, for your work and dedication ( I dont register in a forum for years). And please, make more youtube videos, its a pleasure see how you paint.

Its an honor to be part of the gang!!!

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:23 pm

WELCOME, Abrasax!!! :D
AH, the fluids come with a cost, which is that they need to run constantly, unless you minimize the window. I could make them stop, if the window loses focus, that's true. I'm still fighting against the fact that it was just a sandbox playground for me initially, so it did not have to work like a proper app. I have to retro-fit all these things into it.
But a laggy performance has everything to do with the graphics card and for the moment there's little I can do about it. BUT I have a plan on doing some optimizations. I'm not sure how much it will gain in speed, or if it will work, but if it does... well... we shall see. No promises there! :|

Thank you very much, Abrasax and I'm happy you join the gang! I'm a musician, too, by the way! 8-) ...just don't have a band.
I can't wait to see your stuff!
OH, and the import will come soon, too, that I can promise! ;)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Great!

Im gonna get a new graphic card, Im having lots of fun with Verve. I'll post something one of this days.

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:44 pm

That's so cool, yeah! I'm sure you won't regret it anyway and I'm thrilled to hear that! :D
(Looks like you still need an Avatar, though, so come join the Vervatar challenge, hehehe, just some harmless fun!"

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:56 pm

Hey Taron and All,

I discovered verve on the Luxology MODO forums. This is a very cool program. It is fun and great for concept exploration. Thanks, Taron!

Joe

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Welcome, Joe! Happy to have you on board! Looks like you, too, should jump into the Vervatar Challenge first! :lol:

Thanks, of course, I'm just happy, if it runs fine on your system, too! :)
Kind of amazing how far the word travels so quickly. I'm thrilled and only mildly terrified, haha, but the happiness prevails! :D

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:21 am

Hiya Taron,

It's been a while - if you authorize my account I'll send you a pm .. we definitely need to have a chat or two .. I've got a couple of things I need to convince you of ;)

Hi guys,

I'm Enki - graphics coder since the C64 days - I've written a bunch of tools and engines for the vfx, game and mocap sectors. I can't paint. I'm to impatient to render. Love math tho.

Cheers,

Enki
Enki.

measure twice. cut once.

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:40 am

HEY ENKI, how sweet to finally hear from you again! I was sending you a PM already, but I'll gladly repeat again that I'm still a total noob when it comes to all the forum stuff, so forgive me, if I can't figure out to speed up any authorization of a user. I have you in the registered users group already for sure. Otherwise you'll have to beat your impatience a bit! ;)

WELCOME, for sure, and I'm humbled by the presence of a true openGL prodigy like yourself! You can always email me, by the way, if you want to work me more directly, hahaha! :D
I'm already curious what you'll want to convince me of. :)

I'm honestly thrilled to finally "see" you again!

Post Sat May 17, 2014 2:49 am

Heyyy, thought I might do a formal hello. Name's Phillipa but I go by Seedlet, online and off. I'm 25, female, and I live in Oklahoma in the US, from Ohio originally. I've been drawing and doodling and making things since I can remember, mostly just as a hobby, though I have sold/designed a thing or two for pay. Would LOVE to make a comic book one day. Found Verve through one of the demo videos someone posted to tumblr, fell in love :D Looking so very forward to the future of Verve and am more than excited to see what I and everyone else can do with this amazing little tool. Thank you so much Taron for making it, and for making it free, haha.

Site Admin

Post Sat May 17, 2014 8:07 am

It's part of my scheme to fish for innocent talent out there in the world and turn them into hardcore super-artists. An army of hardcore freaking super artists... MUHAHAHAaha....I should have a smoke with my coffee before I even write a post here! :?

You're very WELCOME and very WELCOME to the forum, Seedlet! :D

I'm already a fan and enjoy your gallery thread, happily observing its growth! 8-)
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]