Everlasting Verve tricks thread

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Everlasting Verve tricks thread

omg, haha, even I forgot the blurring! :hihi: ...thanks for the reminder! :ob
Just the other day I thought about adding some common image filters like blurring, sharpening and all that jazz. It all will come!
Thanks for putting this together, Knacki, that's incredible! 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Still working on it...Undo brush with holding (z) and paint :shock: Never used this cool function.
(Home) for reseting spinning or rotated canvas.
Build Up toggle to jump inbetween two different build up values. (SHIFT+B)

I'll update the txt file, when I am done. It's really handy, as it just pops up, click on it, and it's gone again.
Unfortunately not so nice to organize. Maybe in newer driver versions??
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:12 pm

Knacki
I really appreciate your posting this clear cut tutorial on custom brushes. It is appreciated.

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:16 am

Interesting paint mode effect

I was playing with the paint modes. The little button at the bottom circled. First I made a custom brush (you can see it on the screenshot) It is just some soft spots made with the 1 brush.

I started painting with it in regular mode which is >

Then I switched to + mode this paints the image brighter and that's where the magic happens. It creats a wonderful dappled effect that looks like watercolor.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (190.81 KiB) Viewed 12988 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:27 am

Robin, when you find the little "glow" dial, left above the color wheel, this will give colors a bloom that go beyond 100%. I found it quite entertaining to experiment with that.
I can virtually smell lilac, when I look at your work there! :D
I did remove the thread you had started with this post in the gallery forum, but when you're done with the above painting, you should start a gallery thread with it! It has literally charm, creates a beautiful aroma, while it also draws me in and ponder the math. c:!

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:46 am

Yes I love Glow please don't get rid of it in future updates! I usually crank it up to 100% every time. Here I forgot to. I will have to try it out. I realized that it is probably best to create custom brushes with white that way the color of the brush will not effect the selected color, regardless of if you have COL selected. I prefer the effects with COL selected but I don't like how the color of the brush effects your selected color.
I was not sure where to post this thanks for putting it in the right place. It's just a sketch but I will make a gallery soon. I am just so absorbed in your wonderful creation I do not have much time for anything else!

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:10 am

Makes my heart leap for joy to read that! :hyper: :hug:
No worries! I think, Tom did the honors of putting your post in the perfect place, but may not have dared to remove the gallery post, hehe. He's this forum's guardian angel, so to say...so: THANKS, TOM! :beer: :ob (I could write that everyday!)

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:19 am

Taron if you get a chance I posted a comment in Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...] called Problem importing custom brushes.I would love your feedback if you have any. I finally was able to create a custom brush in Verve with Verve's brushes without Verve crashing.

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:38 am

Bump trick

If you save a image as a png file then re import it and raise the bump to about 80 or 90 it gives a nice embossed effect to the image. Here is a example. It may be hard to see in a low resolution image.
Attachments
0[rtr4g54wwsr.jpg
0[rtr4g54wwsr.jpg (221.29 KiB) Viewed 12986 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:10 am

Ahaha, GREAT, yeah, I'm not done with the import GUI, yet, but I already hooked up color value for material amount, when you import a png. I will make a proper import GUI with parameters to choose how you want the material amount. I'm still thinking about the most possibilities in the easiest set of parameters, like a choice between FLAT, LUM, R, G, B, A, HUE and then a percentage parameter. Or actually an array of all of them, where you can dial up various percentages that will get combined. Not sure, yet. I then might even make this a standard layer effect/manipulation.
Great post, though, Robin! :ob
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]