FJGC - Digital Paintings

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Re: FJGC - Digital Paintings

Ovn1 and Tartan, thanks for stopping by! Here is a new one with PS edits:

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:55 am

So I've had multiple Access Violation errors today, lost my paintings both times (different paintings each). Might anyone suggest any tips on how to deal with this?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:55 pm

Great picture! :rock:

I am sorry to hear that and I know exactly how you feel.
I ended up in saving png backups time by time.
Sometimes each layer (with alpha STRG+S). Takes ages, but at least once before closing a project.
It's teadious and no fun, but beside working on smaller canvas with less layers, it's the only advice I have.

As verve is not warning you, I also tried to test my system before doing serious projects.
Increasing canvas, adding layers, painting a bit on it and save project, close and reopen.
Crazy and stupid, but once you found your systems limit, you are a bit more safe.

While I was using verve often, I made this tests. Didn't find my thread about it.
It's all about your graphic card.

Good luck!
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:01 am

Access Violations, ugh... certainly memory. I should fix up a new version, since I now can find out the GPU memory (NVidia for sure, AMD I can't test, but have the addresses, thus you'll have to tell me!). I will try to put a block on risky maneuvers to avoid troubles like that! Also might add an INFO box with memory data.
Other than that, this looks very sexy! 8-)
...but I am super sorry you've had such troubles. :(
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:10 am

I know this isn't useful for your lost artwork, but hope it can save time/grey hairs going forward. While working in Verve (and *all* apps, basically) every few minutes I hit CTRL SHIFT S and increment the letter. So if I'm working on a piece called verveDragonDepressed my filename might be:

verveDragonDepressed2a.png

then after a couple changes I would hit CTRL SHIFT S and change it to

verveDragonDepressed2b.png

etc. etc. I prefer this over "auto-save" in apps because I control the rate. So if I haven't made a significant change over the last 30 minutes, I don't have a bunch of useless versions/revisions. I'm almost 50 years old now, and have only half as many "silver" hairs as I would otherwise..... For animating this also allows a nice way to see your progress animated over time, let alone if you want to go back to a specific point in time & ask yourself "what the heck were you thinking!!!".

When the app crashes I'm able to import/open the latest version & continue working. So far Verve has only crashed on me when I try to save the project so I just save images. One time I closed the laptop lid & used external keyboard/pen/mouse; the thing got so hot it puked green-screen flashing rainbow wheels.

ymmv,
Pat

Post Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Hey thanks for the comments everybody! I'll try saving more often, and Taron, thanks for your work on this, if you make an update the whole community will definitely be grateful, the app is incredible as it is already :)

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:37 pm

New piece, mix of VRV + PS:

"You are not present"

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 pm

The colors are wicked! Very cool! The face looks a bit out of place, because it has almost a photographic quality to it and these subtle, muted colors and clear lighting. I think, if some of the crazy lights would help illuminate it somehow, even just hints of it, it would belong in there more. However, very striking light in this one, strong colors, nice composition and shapes. I notice the angelic halo above here, hehe, making the design up there look like wings, too. Cute! c:! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:48 pm

Love your description of the piece Taron :hug:

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:09 pm

La Niña Sin Padre "Government, please show some heart." Portrait of 11 year old Magdalena Gomez Gregorio, whose father had been detained in a recent massive ICE raid in Jackson, Mississippi.

PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks