Black Screen

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:14 pm

Re: Black Screen

AH, dang, that's a shame with AMD. I know that this brand is generally not very forgiving when it comes to shaders, but I was hoping it would at least technically be on par with NVidia. But apparently it just isn't. Curious and annoying. Maybe it takes a more highend card from them to keep up with what NVidia puts out at consumer level?!? :shrug: ...I can only say for sure that this is not a mistake in Verve's openGL implementation: Hooray! :bounce: ... and :PP
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:04 pm

Hey, so I got these weird errors today. This happened on my laptop with an NVIDIA card (970m), just right after a Win10 update. Before that it was relatively fine. I'm going to try to run VRV in Windows 7 compatability mode from now on, to see if these errors get fixed. Windows Updates on version 10 are just too much for this program IMO.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6qmSTfTtryqHSWkG7

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:31 pm

Ooooooohhhh....that looks SCARY! :o ....is your card still ok? Because that almost looks like it's about to die. I'm assuming it was cooking like crazy at this point? So, yeah, be careful with that. If you have some way to make sure the cooling fans are clean and clear, you should do that. I mean, obviously the rest of the interface was still showing, so that's a good thing, but other than that, this is way, way, way scary! It's got nothing to do with compatibility, this is the care taking a dump, I'm fairly certain.
So, yeah, make very sure it is not overheating! Turn off "High Quality", when you're working with fluidity turned up!
Well, dang...I'm keeping my fingers crossed your machine is alright, but it really does not look like a software error. This is hardware!

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:51 pm

Ok, so yes I managed to fix that error. In Windows 10 display properties (not Nvidia properties), it seems you have to FORCE windows to make VRV use the Nvidia graphics card. Did that and it worked. Put in compatability mode as well just in case, as well as bringing in my external laptop cooler. Now it works ok, but I think maybe the resolution is too much.

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:54 pm

Ok, so yes I managed to fix that error. In Windows 10 display properties (not Nvidia properties), it seems you have to FORCE windows to make VRV use the Nvidia graphics card. Did that and it worked. Put in compatability mode as well just in case, as well as bringing in my external laptop cooler. Now it works ok, but I think maybe the resolution is too much.

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:12 am

AH, so, it was hardware, haha.... the wrong one! :lol: GREAT! :ob
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]