Vervette Fluid Sandbox...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:28 pm

Re: Vervette Fluid Sandbox...

I will take care of tablets and mobile devices soon, too. Right now I have almost entirely ignored them, but I know what to do. I've also hooked up pen pressure, as mentioned above, but Windows Ink is still quite a slowdown for some reason. I'll have to investigate further what to do about that.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:07 am

I'm using this thread for a little dev-log, because I'm too happy about all the little successes since resuming coding on Vervette again. I've had to reinvent my solution to save compressed projects and successfully did so. This is a major step forward toward a first release version. Though, this may still take a while. However, I've improved great many things, started playing with additional procedurals, added translucency or "gel", as I call it, hooked back up setting a desired material amount rather than build-up only and on and on...
None of this is online, yet, but I'm just reporting that things are happening.

I keep posting new images on Twitter and Pinterest. Not sure if any of those will get any followers, because I'm really not good with the whole social media stuff, but I'll keep posting new explorations and developments there...

Post Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:41 am

Sandbox has new updates following your explorations or it's freezed from some times ?
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:01 am

I will really try to make the full Vervette happen. Then I can start offering accounts and make things properly serious for the first time.
However, with the official Vervette will be the free mode, which will be a much improved sandbox. But I'll impose some different limits on it then.

Post Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:32 am

dear taron, great news, but you should made alternative way to increase/decrease Brushsize, because I have german keyboardlayout and I never use "brakets" [ or ] for brushsize. Lets do it like in Verve with Space and Left Mouse Button, or similar. Btw. have you changed something? Vervette did not work on firefox, but I have Opera and Edge as alternatives.

ps. oh sorry, CTRL + Left Mouse Button ...

ps. ps. I see that I have lost all my wacom pen settings & key settings :PP I dont know why :/
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:40 am

Hold Ctrl and drag with left mouse button! But you can (temporarily) change the hotkeys, too, by the way! In the full version you will save and keep your hotkeys, of course. I'm also thinking about making all key matters customizable. This way you can go for Verve keys or Photoshop, or whatever you like. :ugeek: :D
The online version was very flawed, actually, which I have already fixed in my dev version. Hopefully that will make it work properly anywhere. However, I have no troubles with Firefox on Win10+ either. Possibly again some weird settings things. :shrug:
Chrome is still the best, really. Works beautifully smooth.

PS: AH, you've figured it out, sweet! :ob
PPS: Meh, you'll have your wacom keys setup again in no time. Not like it's too many. But, you know, I have totally stopped using those, while I've hardly ever used them in the first place. :shrug:

Post Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:03 am

I found a backup of my wacom_tablet.dat from 2016, so I have a backup - not 100% of all my Settings, but 30% maybe (100% for verve and 30% Photoshop, but lost for Artrage, 3dCoat complete). I will save my wacom_tablet.dat bit more often.
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:13 pm

Oh, Zero, and thanks once again for following me on Pinterest! Made me really happy! :hug:

Post Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:01 pm

cool, I need to get back to doodling more.

some thoughts:
you could try Instagram, it's a nice community there. twitter turn into a radical fanboy musk nuthouse. I trying mastodon it's a small and nice community there. you could easily host your mastodon webpages with your own community's own rules, which can communicate with other mastodon communities. https://mastodon.art

also, buymeacoffe is a great service, you have a free blog system, gallery features etc... also people can buy a coffee to appreciate software features etc... you set up a membership area or have something like Kickstarter to collect some coins for apple dev kit or something like that.
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/mindstorm

lots of communities are in Disord these Days a forum/chat room mix... but i am still old-school and prefer classic forum's
----------
Heri

system: thinkPad, Xeon 6core, 128GB, window10 pro, 16GB Quadro RTX5000,
https://heribert.ca

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:22 pm

Yeah, Discord isn't my jam either. Instagram seems to aim mostly at cell phones, which I don't have, but I can have a look at it.
Mastodon? Never heard of that. Very interesting!
Buymeacoffee is something I hope I ultimately won't need, but I love the idea and the name. It puts things into perspective. If 10% of my Verve users would've considered giving me the money they'd pay for a single coffee at starbucks, I'd have a much better bite again, HAHA! :? :hihi:

THANKS, Heri, really! Great suggestions and I'll definitely have a look at Mastadon. Sounds funny! :ob
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]