Last version ...t.07

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:23 am

Re: Last version ...t.07

Can't ever be fully like that, unless I change the layer blending altogether, in which case other things will get troublesome again, so...it's tough, but I will find a solution!
It's best to be aware of the merging nature. It's safest to merge onto a filled layer. Gaps on gaps can lead to trouble.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:21 pm

When i think i have just drawn 3 seconds! Life is soo short! So many thanks! ;)
Brush 8 + [N]
Last edited by Pilou on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

jim

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:55 am

Zeropainter wrote: ... but sometimes I wish me a result like "WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET --- MERGING" ;) ...

Taron wrote:Can't ever be fully like that, ...

Ouch ... Uhm real sorry to dwell on that but i really was hoping for a WYSIWYG thing, myself :cry: May i ask which element makes this impossible? Is it the bump or something like that?
Would it work if the merge would only place its color down and discard the rest? As if you would draw with 0% Buildup and 0% Fluidity, you know?
Because, if the color would look right, that would work for me, already ;)
Specs: Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition : NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 : 12 GB DDR3 1333 MHz : Windows 7 64bit

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:17 am

With Liquify enable, new function [N] is incredible! :shock: Remember a famous game game N ! Seems there is a version N°2 ! :mrgreen:
In less 5 seconds gorgeous paintings are created! 8-)
Pilouteries - marvels of Verve
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:10 am

jim, each layer in Verve is an independent deposit of paint. If you merge two of them you may have the choice of either adding material or somehow blending those together, yet the result cannot be identical as to how they were separately. Let's say you of two overlapping mountains; one in layer 1, the other in layer 2. Both start from "the ground" at 0, but they overlap half way up their sides, where the value would be 0.5 for example. Sooo...how to deal with that. If layer 2 would replace layer 1, the mountain of layer 1 would be cut off at the 0.5 mark, leaving a big gash. Another way could be to say to add the values together, but then you'd see part of the layer1 mountain bump up layer 2 mountain...that could be nice in some cases, but most often it is not and will make the layer 2 image look radically different. Then there's the option to go for "greater than", in which case they'd cut into each other, which could be ok, but naturally won't ever look "the same". Especially if parts of layer 1 suddenly poke through layer 2 and all that jazz....bad, bad, bad...
So, really, there's no absolute solution for that except dealing with layers differently, when you work them. If you are aware of what they do, it actually is another artistic tool to take advantage of. But it sure is not like any other paint app and that's not necessarily a good thing, of course. I'll work on some different thoughts for sure!

jim

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:42 am

Awwwwkay, right, i was actually able to flow that, finally :oops:
That is, if you mean this situation:
i much appreciate you taking the time to get that across to me, properly! :ugeek:

Hmmm, maybe once you have that stroke recording thingy then, one could paste (play) the work of one layer onto another ... or something.
Anyway, yes, i see the problem now, thanks :D

Pilou wrote:In less 5 seconds gorgeous paintings are created! 8-)

5 seconds? That, seems to defy the purpose a little thought doesn't it? ... Like a pill that makes sex last only 5 seconds :lol: :oops:
Specs: Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition : NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 : 12 GB DDR3 1333 MHz : Windows 7 64bit

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:02 am

Wahahahaha, if that pill was for women, hmmm.... :lol: 8-)

Here's a demonstration that shows the problem:
Attachments
merge_problems.jpg
merge_problems.jpg (42.82 KiB) Viewed 7067 times
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]