A painting study!

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:08 pm

A painting study!

I finally figured out how to blend properly hahaha c:! :rock: :rock:
Here's a study of a Nicolas de Largillière painting! :rock: :rock:

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:13 pm

Re: A painting study!

OMG, Abby, that's F A N T A S T I Q U E !!! :bounce:
Happy New Year/New Decade (can you believe it) and thank you so much for posting this gem! c:!
You make me look even more forward to 2020! :hyper: :hug:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:19 pm

Taron wrote:OMG, Abby, that's F A N T A S T I Q U E !!! :bounce:
Happy New Year/New Decade (can you believe it) and thank you so much for posting this gem! c:!
You make me look even more forward to 2020! :hyper: :hug:

Happy New Year Taron! Hope you had a great 2019, and a even better 2020!
I finally know how to use ctrl + shift, its amazing! think im obsessed with the 7 brush! :beer:

Post Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:59 pm

this is very nice done - happy new year :hug:
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos

Post Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Ohohoou, what a powerfull / classical look.
What is her character's, persona's story?

One more comment: is that frame size-wise the whole painting or a fragment of original?
Here is an idea that i got while looking at your work. It seems as if this image could be taken even further on - lets suppose she is somehow painted in full
or close to full height figure and with some smart mathematics book in her hand, lets say some classical mathematicians work like Euler's or Newton's. What an effect
that would be - a nun with something like that and painted in exact manner as you/Nicolas did :bow:

Post Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:07 pm

Zeropainter wrote:this is very nice done - happy new year :hug:

Happy New Year Zeropainter! Thank you so much!

Post Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:08 pm

Intars wrote:Ohohoou, what a powerfull / classical look.
What is her character's, persona's story?

One more comment: is that frame size-wise the whole painting or a fragment of original?
Here is an idea that i got while looking at your work. It seems as if this image could be taken even further on - lets suppose she is somehow painted in full
or close to full height figure and with some smart mathematics book in her hand, lets say some classical mathematicians work like Euler's or Newton's. What an effect
that would be - a nun with something like that and painted in exact manner as you/Nicolas did :bow:

I found the painting on a youtube video
and i believe its just a fragment of it, would be cool if i paint her full hight figure tho!
https://www.nga.gov/collection/art-obje ... 50254.html <-- here's the original!

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:14 am

I like your nun version more than original somehow. Probably maybe because the way how in your vervePainting black head clothing quite easily may be
looked upon alternatively and simultaneously as two things - either as a clothing or as a black hair. And in case of black hair that makes her even look younger, giving
face a properties of a happy face. So in your version it can be kind of both, which seems interesting to me, effect-wise. I perfectly understand that probably you could
be more up to looking opposite effect, trying to repaint 1 : 1 the original, clothing effects including.

But i think that is the kind of a whole nun thing point - to cover natural beauty quite as much as possible, i guess, in a way to facilitate an "interface" for any public space
dialogues being maximized towards everything intellect, philosophy engaging with any other our species walking, living, talking unit rather than accentuate/hijack attention
on natural roundness understandable beauties which naturally can make interfering effect on any effort of sustaining really, really deep intellectual, philosophically hard, detailed,
engaged, careful in details dialogue or mind exchange, so to speak.

It is possible to imagine a form of futuristic, science-based and informed society, were men and woman in public spaces all are dressed more like nuns or Buddhist monks consciously,
while perfectly familiar with naked beauties in their bedrooms, and sustaining something of a society where robots, automation is sanely applied and intelligence and natural sciences
are widespread popularity and occupies much of social value system, dress-code and public space informational content.

You see how positive your image is :) ?
Hail to nuns with smart, scientific books in their hands 8-)

(P.S:.... maybe sometimes later i will paint an image of that futuristic society i described; ...seems idea stuck with me right now)

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:09 am

Ctrl and shift really are fun but I agree. I am liking your version better. You have captured her spirit quite well ! c:! :D
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:29 am

Such a great study! Excellent! c:! :rock:
Next

Return to Your Artworks