Extrapolations

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:56 pm

Re: Extrapolations

heh Thanks Taron and astute observation Shadow :) I was looking very closely at it again and yes I definitely can see the ape in the second version lol. I wanted indistinct but not as indistinct as the original which I have posted here as well. I never planned on doing a portrait but as I worked making his nose and beard more distinct I couldn't help but go at the eyes. I used Nezumi to help keep my strokes clean. and I couldn't stop :? The smudge brush 1 was used as my paint brush mostly both in and out of control W with a step to number 9 for actual painting. 100 percent Verve except for isolation of the figure in Photoshop and increasing that to 2200 width for Verve. The original waveland was done with brush number 9 and a lot of fun with fluids :D
Moreorless.jpg
Moreorless.jpg (113.94 KiB) Viewed 9039 times

Waveland Alpha.jpg
Waveland Alpha.jpg (193.09 KiB) Viewed 9046 times
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:15 pm

: ) more *

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:47 am

Hi Tartan,

I really like your colorist's sense and approach to painting. :ob
Your first and last paintings are my favorites! :D
Show us some more!

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:27 pm

Thanks Zen, :)

I guess I am going to repost my firebird. I had other too elaborate plans to morph this image and I just don't have the time. The sketch didn't turn out too well and I am starting to noodle it too much. I decided to go back and rework this image I posted a long time ago. I called it a travesty then and it is barely postable now. I will go back to it one day when I am in the mood :? :D The only thing I can say about it is that it looks better than the first time I posted it over a (year ago?) I had to take it into photoshop to really clean it up but it is mostly Verve.
From the Ashes.jpg
From the Ashes.jpg (206.01 KiB) Viewed 8271 times

Katisbackinverv.jpg
Katisbackinverv.jpg (122.36 KiB) Viewed 8271 times

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:02 pm

I like firebird pretty much and the portrait has this knowing style of an experienced artist. c:!
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:23 pm

Tartan, HEY!!! It's been a while since I've seen something new from you. Sweet! :beer:
Gonzo rising from the ashes really, really makes me smile! :D
The portrait is a nice start with plenty of expression. It should also inspire you to have a look at some of the "tricks" one uses to minimize the hints necessary for facial features. If you were to take away some of the wings of the nostrils, it would look a little less snarly, but most importantly the (almost solid) outline around the lips works a bit against her beauty, you know.
Have a look at something like this: minimalistic portrait
or google for images: minimalist portrait

This should be very inspiring to you, I think. Hmmmm...dang...it's VERY inspiring to me now! :lol: :)

I'm really happy you've found some time to paint again, though! Should be a nice change of pace from all the writing?! :geek:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:07 pm

Thx Knacki :) experienced but out of practice as usual lol. I really do wish I could find more time. What you have been doing in your studies is inspiring and I think that when I do get into studies I will concentrate on my nemesis. Lips :shock: :D

Thx Taron. I really do like your newest versions of Verve. I like the name you gave my goofy firebird LOL Gonzo the phoenix as such would make a great character in a vignette :) Gah too many stories on the brain. I can't help but agree about the minimalist approach. Great inspiration there! I agree the lips ruin the overall picture but that's about the time my brain shut down and I was noodling it too much. I will give myself a week and then go back to it.. After I draw about 50 or so lips lol. I can doodle them when I pause on the writing and working on my house.

On the writing. I think I mentioned working on a series of connected graphic novels in partnership with a friend. I have been plotting it and fleshing it out since around August. As of this day the first major arc is planned over three books. I just recently cut down the projected number of pages for the first one from 300 to a more realistic projection of around 120. Beyond that I have been writing a series of short stories in regular prose to keep loose. The graphic novels themselves have to be written in script form and that's alien territory for me but I foresee no problems with all of the major characters defined as they are now. There have been very small glimpses of the story in this thread and verving the pipline.

The next picture I post will be in the Pipeline thread and is considerably more professional. I have been reworking a picture I did in the late 90's and it is using a Verve background. At the time I did it I had lots of ooo's and ahh's. They couldn't understand how I did it in Bryce without crashing. I had to tell them it was a technique I had developed of rendering each element alone and done in thirty or so layers lol So far it is looking pretty sharp. I just need to finish building the new towers in Zbrush.

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:23 pm

If you ever want to drop some short stories on us in the "Off Topic" section, I'd be delighted! :bounce: :geek:

Well, looking forward to ...eh... EVERYTHING! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:53 am

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea Taron! :D

Tartan, I like the Phoenix, especially a smile at his face! You did pretty good job by morphing him with smoky and fiery background! c:!
The girl looks better and more convincing now! :ob

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:00 pm

Ah, I missed your paintings Tartan! Katisbackinverv eyes are really interesting! Paintings from ice-land are cool too! c:!
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks