Taron, I love you. <3

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:46 am

Taron, I love you. <3

Taron,

Thank you so much for making verve. It is INCREDIBLE! Over the years I have tried countless painting applications and never found one I really connected with. I think ArtRage may have come closest to 'drawing me in' if you'll excuse the pun! I have been playing around with Verve with all of my spare time over the past couple of days since I found it. I love, love, love it. The fluid mechanics are so satisfying and foster all kinds of inspiration. I soaked up all of the videos you kindly made with Verve and even watched your sculptris vids too! I dig your relaxed style and your random musings while demoing Verve! I can't wait to see more, you're a natural presenter. I'd love to see you record an entire paint-along session with Kevin Hill, loved your version of the Birch Trees painting! I love seeing what brushes you use inside Verve to achieve certain effects! You have rare talents indeed. Sharp programming skills and a very artistic eye. I have literally lost myself for hours inside Verve. Thank you sir, THANK YOU.

I am a terrible painter and have so much to learn, but I thought I'd share a little something I created in only 5 mins just now! Speed painting is so freeing with Verve for some reason. I feel I can 'move on' to the next one a lot easier with Verve than with other programs. Perhaps it is the way Verve is always inspiring me to move in new and different directions. Simply swishing and smudging paint around the canvas shapes and patterns emerge and I have the 'aha' moment when I think 'ooo, that brush and motion is a great way to paint 'blah blah' if you get my meaning.

desertscape_01_sm.jpg
desertscape_01_sm.jpg (86.18 KiB) Viewed 10038 times

Ok, I'm going back to Verve to cram in some screen time before bed!

I like this place, think I'll stick around a while if that's cool. :D

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:23 am

Re: Taron, I love you. <3

Another 5 minute painting. I like the deep turquoise colour of the sea even if it doesn't really work that well with the sky colour! OK, I'm going to sleep now, to dream of painting in Verve!

cloudsea_01_sm.jpg
cloudsea_01_sm.jpg (81.88 KiB) Viewed 10036 times

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:31 am

Waking up to a fresh new thread like this one... I really can't ask for more! 8-)
Right now you are an artist for sure, futuresailor! :D ...you most certainly should make a Gallery Thread! And I see that you still don't have an Avatar...I know just what you should do :lol: ...Make your Vervatar!

Thank you very much, you're giving me a great jolt of joy there. And, by the way, I really don't mind the cyan horizon at all...it's eery but kind of beautiful! Feels like bioluminescence in the ocean... have you ever seen that for real? I have, and it is completely surreal, but very real! The so called bioluminescent flagellates one night surprised me down on the beaches of California. Like neon lights the waves started flashing up. It took a moment until I realized that the whole sand was glittering and you could paint in the sand with those little guys tracing you with a glow. Completely magical! Your painting totally reminds me of that, as if a bunch of whales would swim through a big swarm of them and light up the ocean like that.
Thanks for the beautiful reminder!
Love your dunes, too! Fantastic speedy.
I'm very much looking forward to seeing much more from you in the Gallery threads! :D
Thanks again for making my day! :)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

jim

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Aww, what a beautiful sky, i am such a sucker for purple :lol: :P
The little paint spec highlights look like stars, trying to get attention. :)
Really very nice, i sure am looking forward to see more from you, as well.
Specs: Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition : NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 : 12 GB DDR3 1333 MHz : Windows 7 64bit

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Nice stuffs. Love it here too, I have a folder with 500+ MB in it since finding the software...a week ago(not that long ago even) ;)
ZBrush4R6P2,trueSpace6.6,PSP9,Modeling,image mangling and some animation.
i5quad core@3.1GHz 8GB ram Nvidia 550Ti 2gb card

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Had it as a slightly, not that bright effect once in the Mediterranean Sea. It was already magic.
Never experienced wonders like this:
http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/01/bioluminescent-beach-maldives/
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Wow, thanks for the feedback guys. I'm loving the vibe in this forum!

Taron, I totally wasn't thinking about bio-luminescence when I painted the second pic. But I have been lucky enough to see it in person. On Grand Cayman, there is an inlet on one side of the island that has huge bio-luminescence activity. I was lucky enough to go kayaking at night there specifically to see the little 'creatures' in action! It was so cool paddling through the water seeing your strokes light up! Oddly enough, not that different from painting with bright colours with the chroma mix cranked up to 100 in Verve!

One cool 'trick' if you ever encounter any bio-luminescence water is to grab some in a plastic bottle and then bash the bottle against something (like the hull of the kayak for instance) the banging agitates the little fellas inside and the bottle will briefly glow. Quite magical. I wasn't supposed to (as it was a protected area, and taking water away was frowned upon) but I kept my little bottle of magical water. Leaving the bottle in the sunlight recharged them so that they would glow again when provoked! Sadly the little guys in the bottle died after a few days in captivity :(.

Wow, I feel like a monster after reading this back. Seems like I was the perpetrator of a horrific case of microscopic mass-murder! Counting down the hours at work till I can be close to my new best friend Verve!

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Oh man... that sounds just phenomenal. My friend told me he went again in the year after, going out for a swim. He reported the same thing...I wished I could've/would've done that, too. Yeah, the bottle thing sounds a little mean, but just because those guys we can see doesn't make it any more cruel than what we do with all the little guys we can't see! ;)
(I'd have done that, too, hahahaha) :twisted: :lol: ...oh, no angel smily here?! :lol:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]