Taron - Modern Day Superhero!

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:34 pm

Taron - Modern Day Superhero!

Hello Taron!

I am sooooooo happy to have found you!
And while it is Verve that has brought me here with much excitement….
let me say that it has been delightful discovering you through your art,
and music and humour and the philosophical musings on your blog.
You are an inspiration and a modern day superhero Taron !

Ohhhhhhhh how I have longed for new digital painting tool which uses fluid dynamics and virtual brushes.
But even I could not have imagined what you are doing with verve!
Brilliant, beguiling, breathtaking

I marvel at the naive genius and modesty of a guy who can single handedly dream up and execute,
as if by accident, a creative tool that not even Adobe or Corel with their armies of programmers could imagine!
I am in awe of the simplicity and elegance with which you approach Verve.

As a musician who thrives on improvisation, I love the interactive quality of Verve's fluids.
which beg to be poked and prodded and nudged into new possibilities.

The addition of time and momentum into the painting process is just magic!
As is the inconspicuous little dial called smudge chroma.
Bravo.

So from the bottom of my heart I thank you for your creativity and passion and generosity in sharing this beautiful creative tool.
I honestly believe you are paving the way into a brave new world of image-making which will define how such things are done from now on.
As much as I love free software I would urge you to set up ( at the very least) a donation box where we can contribute.
I would much rather pay you for it than Adobe.

I watch your demo videos with giddy excitement and a smile on my face.
Your playfulness and humour are infectious and your paintings are beautiful.
What a joy to see the programmer revel in the possibilities of his own creation.

I have just installed windows on my macbook pro using bootcamp and Verve runs like a dream!
MacBook Pro w/8 GB Ram
2.6GHz Quad-core Intel i7
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Nvidia GT 650M w/1GB Vram

Lastly……I have seriously been wondering how it is that YOU are able to achieve such incredible things while I imagine the whole world is working on this problem....arent they? :) Yesterday I cam across the answer in very inspirational video called "how great leaders inspire" on Ted Talks.
It made me think very much of you and I think you will love it! I would encourage you to watch it…heres the link.
https://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_h ... ire_action

I look forward to exploring the possibilities and Verve and all the goodies you have in store....brushes canvas,higher resolutions....
and Im sure I will have many questions and suggestions.

Finally….I noticed you mentioned Artrage in your interview and some posts…..I am actually a big fan of Artrage and have created an extensive body of work using it to create both abstract and figurative work. It is one of the few programs that can create organic unpredictable work...something that Verve appears to excell at! Like you I wish for a bit more but I am thrilled with the work I have been able to create with it and hope Verve will take me to the next level!
I love your motivation and the way in which you have invited the whole community to join you in the adventure that is the making of Verve.

If you have a moment and care to have a look my pre-verve work LOL!...here the link
http://www.stavros.ca

Thank You Taron!
Your site is my new daily go to place!
:)
Wonderful things to come

Stavros
Macbook Pro
2.6 intel core i7
8 gb ram
Nvidia 650m 1gb v ram
bootcamp windows 7 premium

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Taron - Modern Day Superhero!

How on EARTH did I miss this post? I think the universe wanted to protect me from letting my head explode!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you very much, Stavros! I was already excited when I found your post in the gfx card line-up about bootcamp on the mac, as it felt like the first totally solid alternative to run Verve on a mac. I know, bootcamp may scare some mac users, but- hey- there it is! :D

But now this post. I'm wondering, if I should just soak it up and take the energy you're giving me into each new day from now on, haha! But I know that my mission remains to stay grounded and build the things I sense as missing with the same humility that brought me to where we are now already. Verve still is more or less a prototype, miles away from being as powerful as it already suggests being and certainly begs to become.
Naturally I know where I stand as a programmer, regardless as to how impressive it may look, I'm still only at the beginning of really climbing on top of that beast that is coding. The way I've approached it all- almost from the very beginning- was by figuring out how to grow brains, but I skipped putting a skull around it, mounting it on a body and crafting all the rest of the organs needed for this being to function.
In the last few years I've started to finally pay attention to "the body" so to say. In many ways thanks to drpetter, whose spirit showed immediately to be so close to mine, but whose attention and skills target aspects of all our disciplines that I've rather neglected or never dared to evolve. Through his example, inspiration and the encouragement that come from the things he programs and the excessive humility that makes him so charming I felt I should pull myself together and don't shy away from writing tiny stand-alone tools. That's why I wrote "MaCrea" back then as a little helper tool to his Sculptris.
Before then I was starting a bunch of little tools and games, by the way, which I had never finished, simply because I felt I didn't know enough, yet, to allow myself to wrap up a smelly mess, hehe.
After "then" I decided to use perfumes... :lol:

Anyway, to make a long story short, I align myself with life as it presents itself to me, try to be awake and "go with the flow" of the current that I'm in and somehow little magical things happen through the triggers of my actions, of my decisions. It's difficult for all of us to find out when we really push ourselves into the stream of our own life, because so many rocks poke out of the water, so many waterfalls threaten to smash us, even other persons can appear like a dangerously sharp stone, especially those, who fight their own current and happen to be on the same as ours. But the moment you let go and recognize what you can do, how you can work with the powers given to you, how you can nudge yourself into the center of the stream that goes into your natural direction, you not only get to gain speed and clarity, you get to see and embrace things on your way that you'd have missed, if you were busy to fight potential obstacles or even the water of your life itself.
Obviously I like to get carried away, HAHAHA...ha... ouch :oops: :lol:

Anyway, thank you so much for your boost and your confidence in what I'm doing. My day just got even brighter, that's for sure! :D

I have to still deal with project work that keeps me from focusing on Verve, but those projects are definitely part of my current ;) ...thus I enjoy them very much, too. But every chance I get I'm back on Verve, for sure! :)

Thanks again,
Taron
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]