Hey there,...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:31 am

Re: Hey there,...

Hello you guys!

My nickname is Muffy (Still cautious about telling people my name on the Internet^^)
I'm 14 years old and live in Rostock, Germany.

I discovered Verve about 2 months ago, but I had a really old Computer, so it didn't work. Now with my new Computer, I'm blown by how awesome the program is!

I like to draw, write, read and be on the internet; I'm not half as good as any other person on here, but I'm having a lot of fun with Verve :D

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:41 am

Your English is quite good already, so that's a plus! :D
WELCOME TO THE FORUM, MUFFY! We all go by pseudos anyway, so no worries about that. However, no need to be afraid to give your first name when you feel like it! 8-)

Well, having fun is all it takes, really, and I'm looking forward to seeing your paintings with Verve! :)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:38 am

Hello, Taron!

First, I'd like to say that I find Verve to be a super exciting program that started inspiring me with just a few strokes and clicks. I heard of this application via PD Howler's email about new features and the link talked abut a program they liked called Verve.
Glad I clicked that link.
Me: Im a musician :rock: , who opened a graphical can of worms :PP ... That Im trying not to spill into my lap :shock: . Right off the bat, I like how the pen pressure and pen size works with paint build up and smudge. The starting defaults are awesome! So... Guess I don't need to go poking around in the manual! Bye...Just kidding :lol: . I love the grid with the lens distortion, the fluids, the way to grab paint, color, etc.
PD Howler is amazing! But, I bought the program when I was just scratching the surface on it's use. Months later, Im thoroughly intimidated by it. Finding documentation that lines up with current features, is a difficult thing to find,...Wading through book marks sucks... I always get distracted and end up on youtube watching Albert Lee! :lol: Same with Blender 3d... Take a break for a month and the features grow faster than my ability to find documentation on how it works :PP .
So, I copied your manual into Onenote and studied it a bit. And I only hope that in time, there will be documentation placed in some location that Id be able to fin as you add features.
Glad I found it now.
If you end up adding nodes, motion tracking, dope sheet and time lines, Id be royally lost without a place to read up quickly.
Again, I love Verve, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :bow:

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:51 am

Hey, Scot! Thank you VERY much for your beautiful feedback there and WELCOME to the forum! :D
Yeah, sometimes it's rough with documenting something that is so heavily in flux, really, but somehow I've managed to keep a kind of linear growth that wouldn't destroy a prior logic beyond recognition. :? 8-)

Eventually I want to do a number of things in regards to docs. But a major thing will be a set of tutorial clips that should help explain all the features directly. I always hated it, when a manual would try to explain something rather simple that just can't be conveyed with words before one knows what it talks about. I also will try to keep a consistent logic so that one can use his imagination to figure out things without docs, too, if at all possible.

We shall see, but I'm excited about it all, too! :bounce:
Thanks again! :ob

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:40 am

just downloaded 99u27. Can hardly wait to try "chaotic-liquid-fur-blur-active-canvas-stuff-a-ma-jig" :shrug: . Amazing how it seems you are able to do so much so quickly, :ob without having to dive into levels and levels of menus, and volumes of filter dialog boxes and crazy modal windows. :o
Idea just popped into my tiny little head: :idea: ... Brush/palette snapshots. :o Where you could press a magical Taron button, :bow: then pow! A snapshot one could go back to. There are amazing things that could happen so spontaneously with your program, that it would be impossible to duplicate... Unless there was a tiny, miniature Taron with a camera, hiding beneath the buttons :arrow: , snapping a picture of the events! :rock: Guess, like an event recorder.
I dunno. I love Verve Painter the way it is... The idea just popped into my head.
Ok. Im off to try your newest incarnation of Verve. Thank You very much. You are amazing! :bow:

Post Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi Taron,

My name is Clayton and living in the UK. I am married to my beautiful wife Gayle and have a daughter April aged 20 months and my son Aled is currently 11 months old. As you can expect, I do not have much time to play around with Verve, however when I can fit the time in !

I absolutely love Verve, especially checking back on the forum to see what new goodies you have added :D

I am currently doodling at the moment, however I will add some pictures to the gallery when I have the time.

Love the videos, just one question though (hope you don't mind), but in the "Quick Little Tricks" video around the 3:00 you paint the background in what appears to be Add mode. I was under the impression you could only do this by creating another layer and setting it to add ? Sorry for the newbie question :oops:

Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself and many thanks for such a wonderful program :D

Clayton

Post Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi Taron, :ob If I had known about this sooner, I would have been here sooner. What you've made is exciting! I will have a play and post something soon. If I'm right, I think I've met you on the ArtRage forum quite a while back. I'm known there as Fashmir. I can't wait to get off work today and go home and play with Verve! Thanks for this tool! c:!

P.S. I just noticed that you started this forum on my birthday! Yaaaaaay!!! :beer:

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:42 am

Ahahaha, HEEYYYY, Fashmir, Yeah, of course I remember you, that's awesome! I hope the ArtRage guys will forgive me, haha, but I'm really thrilled you found Verve! :bounce:
Great, so on that day I've got two reasons to celebrate! :D

Hey Clayton, wow, congrats on your quickly growing family! I'm happy to have you on board and can't wait to see what you've got! I have a secret toggle for drawing modes in Verve with [m], switching between normal and additiive blending. It was just a little experiment, which I will soon resume and make official. :geek:

Welcome to the forum! :beer:

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:45 am

Haha, I like the secret functionality so much especially if I know about that! :D I tried the [m] hotkey the previous week and it is very useful feature!

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:53 am

I guess I'll have my formal Hello too.

Hi guys I usually go by Johndo but I'll use my old alias name :).

I've been drawing off and on my whole life. About 60% of my life doing various traditional mediums. I mostly draw realistically but I hope start leaning towards my own style. Much of what I do will be exploring and trying to break away from what I usually fall back to. I need to loosen up with my art. Pencil drawing has been my most preferred and with a mechanical pencil. The control of fine lines has been something I cherished for quite awhile. I have done some oil paintings but didn't delve into it much. When I started playing around with pc's and got my first wacom tablet and free Photoshop, I started dabbling with that. I really like learning different mediums. Looking back, I'm amazed how I like sculpting, watercolor, metalworks and glassblowing. Though I've always jumped around. I'm trying to get a more personal connection with art for quite awhile now. Maybe I haven't found a medium that truly just blurs away and allows me to just doodle from my head.

I found Verve somewhere around March or April but not sure exactly where. I saw the videos, downloaded it, swirled paint like everyone and forgot about it. I came back to it recently and I'm just truly impressed by it. It really resonates with me. It really shows how lifeless it is with other art programs. Just a tiny bit of fluid dynamics and it changes everything. I hope to stick with this one. I had recently bought a software in which it was vector based but removes all the minute controls and just mimics the usual strokes. What you get is something paints like usual but you got an infinite canvas. I thought that would be the one but I couldn't stick to it. And I used quite a bit of drawing programs: Photoshop, Corel Painter, Autodesk Sketchbook, and Artrage. And with Verve, mimicking the look of a brushstroke is just not enough. I really think if enough effort with the UI, Verve can expand heavily. And icing on the cake, Verve on a tablet :bounce: Having it on the go, swirling paint and sketching would be awesome. I have also got my professor David Cherry to check it out too and he was impressed. His background has been on Scifi and fantasy book covers. I hope to use Verve for sketching and exploring. It gives me the perspective and how Photoshop is just too dry looking/feeling. If I could describe it, it's like rubbing a rolling ball of color on a surface. Very smooth but a loss of the contact to the surface. Than you got Corel but with that, I just don't know my brush is doing most of the time :PP

In terms of my career experience, I have been in the game industry for about 4 years now as an Environment Artist. I work with mostly in 3DS Max but have dabbled with Maya and Modo. I really need to work more with Modo. I really want to do some more sculpting in Zbrush. And I actually see in some cases where Verve would be great to use for that requires that fluid dynamics. I don't draw at all for this industry but I hope to be more well rounded.
Windows 8.1
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]