Verve v0.99z - discussion

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:44 am

Re: Verve v0.99z - discussion

Im using verve 0.99w.09, also (forgive me) , but what is GL code?

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:23 am

Ooohhh, wow, that's a truly old version, actually. :shock: ...in fact, this one doesn't exactly exist anymore, but I'm very happy you're putting my mind at ease about this, haha... :oops: :hihi:
"GL code" is short of "OpenGL programming", which is how the graphics card is being instructed. GL = Graphics Language and it has undergone great many changes and still continues to be developed. Different graphics card developers try to implement this language properly so that their hardware understands the same code, but they do have different ideas about it, too. As a result, NVidia may run things differently than AMD or Intel. AMD and Intel are more compatible to each other, because both are very strict in their translation of openGL instructions. They, for example, demand a value that is declared as a Floating Point variable to also be assigned a float number. That means, if you declare a variable "V" to be a float and tell it to be equal to 0 ( V = 0 ) Intel and AMD may go: "Nope, not right, we don't know what you mean". Whereas Nvidia goes: "Okay, got it!". At least it used to be like this with NVidia. Seems like this sort of tolerance has come and gone again. But there's more...doesn't matter, though.

SO, yeah, well, dang it, because I still haven't finished nor released the commercial v1.0 of Verve, I still have that donation system for the download. If you don't mind spending 1 Euro (or more), you can get v0.99z, which will not have this trouble, that's for sure. It still has some other funky stuff, but should be well more stable in many more aspects! :ugeek:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:21 pm

Sure , I love the software. Havent used it in a while cuz i was taking a break from art and all that . Cannot wait for you to release 1.0 , its incredible stuff dude . Never seen anything like it

Post Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:32 pm

Okay , the issue is still happening. But when i turn the canvas off , it works just fine so i think thats fine . Dont use it very often

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:54 pm

Thanks, foolios! I hope you'll get to use it a lot more often. Freely exploring your creativity is a powerful way to strengthen your connection to your soul. Verve is just one of great many ways to do so, but you can be sure you're making me deeply happy when you choose it for that! c:! :beer:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube
Previous

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]