Love Verve. Four + way symmetry?

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Wed May 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Love Verve. Four + way symmetry?

Hey there Taron! I really love Verve, its a lot of fun and not like anything I've ever played with. I've always had a fondness for liquid physics so seeing a painting app use physics is pretty cool for me. I experimented with the symmetry option after watching some of your YouTube videos, and I was thinking how cool it would be to be able to create many symmetry points for your brush. Instead of just the two in mirror mode, a true symmetry mode would be pretty awesome since you wouldn't have that dead space at the center of the panel.

Post Wed May 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: Love Verve. Four + way symmetry?

Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Wed May 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Pilou wrote:Yet asked! :mrgreen:

I figured I wasn't the only one! Haha.

Site Admin

Post Thu May 29, 2014 9:54 am

Instead of a "dead space" you'd have an accumulating space in the center that would drive you crazy! :twisted:
It's so very funny how people start missing something they expect out of experience and then somehow don't remember the troubles that come with it. I've managed to actually get around that problem with my simple solution and it's still too much work for some to recognize the comfort. :|

BUT Your original suggestion was a kaleidoscope or a radial arrangement of copied brush tips rather than mirrors, right?
I like that idea and will play with those things later on, too. They are far, far away from being urgent, but they could be great fun and I "fun" is my number one reason to do any of it all! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu May 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Taron wrote:Instead of a "dead space" you'd have an accumulating space in the center that would drive you crazy! :twisted:
It's so very funny how people start missing something they expect out of experience and then somehow don't remember the troubles that come with it. I've managed to actually get around that problem with my simple solution and it's still too much work for some to recognize the comfort. :|

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by accumulating space in the center, could you explain that a bit more?

Taron wrote: BUT Your original suggestion was a kaleidoscope or a radial arrangement of copied brush tips rather than mirrors, right?
I like that idea and will play with those things later on, too. They are far, far away from being urgent, but they could be great fun and I "fun" is my number one reason to do any of it all! :D

I think a radial arrangement of copied brush tips would also be pretty awesome, but I don't think that would quite be symmetry in the way I'm thinking. Zbrush has a unique symmetry tool that I think would be very interesting to see in Verve in a similar fashion.

Site Admin

Post Thu May 29, 2014 6:19 pm

EH... just hit [F4] twice to get to "mirrored repeat" border condition and "pan" the image to bring the corner into the center! Off you go! :D
I think, I was showing that in either Demo05 or 06. 8-)

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:05 am

Sorry for the input but..
Seems Zbrush can have a little more than a pretty little symmetry 4 ! :mrgreen:
From 40 to 64 following Mirror, Radial, x,y,z enabled ;)
And many more following Strokes that you selected before (look the red dot points!) ;)
A killing application but a little gaz engine! :) Ages that i don't use it again! :oops:

Last edited by Pilou on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Site Admin

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Yes, I've mentioned that radial symmetry earlier already, Pilou! That's why I was so surprised he meant just the 4 way mirroring. ;)
Nice carpet design! :D

Post Fri May 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Taron wrote:Yes, I've mentioned that radial symmetry earlier already, Pilou! That's why I was so surprised he meant just the 4 way mirroring. ;)
Nice carpet design! :D

Radial symmetry like that would be amazing, I had thought that you meant just a brush with radial points you draw with, but if you plan on implementing a radial symmetry tool like that, I will love Verve more than I already do haha.

Site Admin

Post Fri May 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Uh, but of course that's what I mean.
What I was talking about was that currently the mirroring is a reflection of the canvas, so to say. But an alternative approach is to mirror the brush itself, like having two or more brushes effectively act "mirrored" around a given axis. You could then place where that should be and how it should be oriented and it would do the deed then. When I have that, then it's no big deal at all to make a radial version around a point, too. So, yeah, should all be good fun. Especially once I also allow doing that on a 3d plane, hehehe, or the likes...eh...because I can! :lol:
So, yeah, good fun ahead for sure! :D
Next

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]