EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

jim

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:19 pm

EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!

Hooray! i think i found a good one :D

So, launch Verve, draw a stroke, create a 2nd layer, select the 1st layer, shift+v to start the transform operation, move the stroke around, select layer two, press v to end the transformation and switch back to layer one.
Now, when you draw on that 1st layer the brush is shifted from the cursor by the distance by wich you moved the content.

Kinda interesting in itself, but unintended i assume?
i noticed it when i tried to move several layers upward on the canvas one after another.
i reproduced it several times since and it seems that all layers in such a chain become affected by the shift except for the last one on which you end/commit to the transformation.
If you save and reopen the offset is gone but the layer content is moved.
Specs: Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition : NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 : 12 GB DDR3 1333 MHz : Windows 7 64bit

jim

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!

Ah also, ... this is probably a special case, i have two monitors and my tablet is only assigned to monitor one.
When i try to turn a knob righty tighty, i can only turn it so far until i touch the edge of the monitor so that i have to spin it in four or five steps to get it from 0 to 100.
Sure seems like something negligible for this early stage of the program but i thought i bring it up

The widgets help a lot already but i always really liked the Lightwave slider, where when you klick on it the curser disaperes and you have an infinete directional spectrum, then once you let go of the slider the curser pops back up where you clicked.
Maybe mirroring the toolbar to the left side would do the trick already? (i actually prefer my toolbar on the left since on the right i have the 2nd monitor with other applications open wich i accedentaly select with a hasty reach)

Then two seemingly random crashes without error message when i created new layer.
And i am sure that you are aware that layer merge does odd things.

Apart from that Verve is running amazingly well :)
Specs: Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition : NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 : 12 GB DDR3 1333 MHz : Windows 7 64bit

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Ah yes, that's the p..I reply to the second post first...roblem :lol: with tablet vs. mouse. With the mouse it would be no problem, but the tablet has physical limits and unless you'd run it in mouse mode...yaddayadda. But I'm already thinking of a bunch of alternatives. We shall see! (I really dislike it, too, of course, no worries there!) 8-)

OH ...uh...Ahhh (reply to 1st post)...yes, well, :oops:, the transform was just a quicky and that really, really happens right now, I'm aware of it. Although this would've been an excellent moment to act surprised! :? :lol:
Just activate transform again and let go of it again and all is peachy, hehe! (where's the whistling smily?)
No, but seriously, transform is about to change rather dramatically, because I want scaling and rotating as well and know just what to do, too! I just have to get to it! And I shall...in a short while! So much to do...so much time! :lol: I hope nobody is in a hurry?!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

jim

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Aww ofcause, yes i lost perspective for a minute there no wonder with all them fluffy colors i am bathing in right now :lol:
i didnt realize how very late i am to the party and am glad to hear that you are on top of things.

Verve is so functionality rich and stabil already that it took a real steamroll through all the documented features to come up with this very short list anyway ;)
im just always so happy when i find something reproduceable haha ... ill be more pardoning form here on :oops:

Right, the mouse does work well with the UI indeed, however the cursor does move while turning still and uuuurrgh ... so, ... you know :twisted:

Very exciting to hear about the new transform tool set, sure am looking forward to what you come up with.

Good, good, ... everything seems to be in order, back to the canvas :D

Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:35 am

Transforms will be nice, what will selection capabilities be/ how(rectangle, square, circle, lasso, freehand, and smart by color maybe)? Wow, I bet that's a lot to ask for. ;)
ZBrush4R6P2,trueSpace6.6,PSP9,Modeling,image mangling and some animation.
i5quad core@3.1GHz 8GB ram Nvidia 550Ti 2gb card

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:17 am

Yes! It is!
For some considerable amount of time there won't be selection methods, I'm pretty sure. For an even longer amount of time Verve will not rival photoshop, or any other major photo manipulation related application. I'm not creating Verve to have a "bargain" alternative to high-end apps of such nature. Whether it eventually may scratch that subject, hmm, who knows, but it's a fun project of mine that I share with you all and I love to hear some crazy ideas or elegant ideas to keep it evolving as a truly artistic tool. Surely selecting regions has to become part of it, but it's no priority right now.
I'd like for people to consider what makes Verve so exciting! If it was "just another paint app", I'm sure most of you would've not looked twice, why would you. So, think beyond what you know from elsewhere! Also rethink what you want to do artistically, don't try to press Verve into your old ways. Expand your mind, enjoy, relax, have some fun with it. Verve is not meant to be a work-horse just yet. Let it and let me evolve it true to its own nature and mine. Be part of it by working with it, letting it inspire you to let go of all the control you're so used to on the computer (haha, that doesn't sound like a good thing to say right now, haha)... but instead think of it as an expansion of painting on papers, so to say. That's really how I go about it, how things became so quickly what they are now already, even if it's not very far.

Anyway, keep suggesting away, but be very patient and, please, don't be disappointed or even angry, if I don't like an idea or won't prioritize it. :|

jim

Post Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

Hey, could you please make the little dialog text thingy in the bristles section change when you use shortcuts?
It at the moment seems to be stuck at what you last hovered over.
ie. id like to see the numerical value when i use space + mouse to adjust the brush size.

Site Admin

Post Mon May 12, 2014 9:39 am

UH?! How did I miss that? I'll have a look! :? ...Thanks! ;)

Site Admin

Post Mon May 12, 2014 9:47 am

FIXED! Download again! :)

jim

Post Mon May 12, 2014 2:19 pm

Dude ... you are amazing!! Thank you very much :D
been changing the brush size back down to 4 a lot yesterday ... it now really is a pleasure not to reach for the UI anymore :)

Edit: Actually ... i would not mind to see a little numerical value next to the brush while making adjustments ... to leave the UI off altogether :twisted:
No rush there though ;)
Next

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]