Ben Doodles

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:03 am

Re: Ben Doodles

LIKE *

Post Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:58 am

Inside the Nebula

Post Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:53 pm

L *

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:24 am

Wow! So much has happened in the past few months, I can't describe. But through it all I still wish I had more time to verve. Verve is just one of those tools you want to keep coming back to over and over again. It so much fun! Well I've been trying, really, to learn to paint with verve. Ive been following along with some of bob ross' and kevin hills' work as well as some other wet on wet painter's which I think verve emulates very well (I'll post some landscapes at a later time hopefully). I've never done a painting of a human, but this was my best attempt. I find painting the human form to be something easy for me to do, much easier than imagining an entire scene from my mind. I need to work on measuring my strokes and deliberately placing details, most attempts get sort of "muddy". Its rather hard and time consuming so I get impatient. This is the best of my bunch...

Hope everyone had a great holidays and new year. Hopefully 2015 will be great and full of VERVE!
Last edited by bengarrr on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:32 am

Learning to let go is actually one of the most powerful traits to reach every next level. Measuring your strokes sounds like it's going the other way, haha. What you've got there, though, has some eery qualities, almost like a smashed CD cover or so, haha...curious for sure! You've most certainly managed to avoid having to go to the mature threads with that, haha, GOOD JOB! :ob :lol: ...whilst it still keeps a good deal of sexiness! :)

Great to see you back here! I gotta get crack'n on the next version, but I'm also quite sure this year is going to get quite strong! 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:04 am

Haha maybe that's my problem! I'm too reserved. It makes sense, I tend to second guess myself and just scrap entire paintings. I'll take a moment and step back and say "this looks so bad" and just get rid of it.

The cd cracks (or fractures as I call them) was a total accident. I found if you alt tab verve while the pointer is on the canvas, then click back in at a different location, it draws a perfect line. The bottom one was the "mistake". I thought it looked good so I add some extra for accent ;) I figured the drawing wasn't risque enough for the mature forum :P

And as always, I can't wait to see what's next.

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:44 am

Wow. Don't get rid of it because this one is very good! I like it and agree with Taron. It has erotic impression even if you blurred the details. Very good. I like it. c:!

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:08 pm

Nice one!
Blurred where it counts ;)
DA: http://ovn1.deviantart.com/
Insta: https://www.instagram.com/_ovn1_/
System Info: NVidia GeForce GTX 970

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:15 pm

Wow!!
This is a real surprise I must say.
One can really see that the human face is your friend ;)
I really would love to see much more on this from you!
Amazing work.
Look at the left eye, the lips, the two fingers grabbing the hair!
ZcDAcYm-kl.jpg
ZcDAcYm-kl.jpg (36.34 KiB) Viewed 12110 times

I am really curious about what's coming next in this genre from you.
So do I about landscapes you spoke about.
But....this girl.....cool......... ;)
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:21 am

Had some fun with the blending modes and using Ov1n's technique for watercolor. Got a little crazy again :bounce:

Edit: Forgot to mention, outlines were got by using a drawing I vectorized in Illustrator. :)
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks