My first ever painting in 20 years

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Mon May 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Re: My first ever painting in 20 years

The second one is already more crafty than the first.

Feedback? hmm they've got a very quiet feel.

Site Admin

Post Tue May 26, 2015 12:14 am

And again this sense of solitude. I wonder, if you are seeking it, or feeling it? :) ...which ever it is, you have a knack for expressing it masterfully! I really love the rocks, too, with such a peculiarly conceivable sense of lighting, too. Just great! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue May 26, 2015 7:53 am

My history?
Started 25 years ago as an animator for lasergraphics. After three years I was completly taken over by computer. Since then, I learned the whole multimedia and 3D stuff from 3ds max to After Effects, zBrush etc. Staying focused on lasers, I am offering the whole bunch of eye candies. Due to bigger projects I had to swap into concepting & directing. Verve is the tool which makes it easier to get into painting for me.
Still using mostly photoshop and doing this half collage half painting thing. But verve opened a door which I almost thought, it would be always closed for me. ;)

Your last painting is splendid. The rocks are so unreal real :)
Great atmosphere.
Really love it.
Check out the manual page for a crop function. You can increase resolution and change from landscape to portrait. Though I like how the eye is lead into the centre in this painting.

Cheers,

Knacki
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Wed May 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Taron.. Solitude is just an idea in today's time.. with about 861 FB friends and 100's of linkedin connects.. technically I'm not alone..
But yeah.. In a certain way.. I do seek solitude for my thoughts.. which are not very organised..

Need some technical help.. How do I paint a canvas that is higher in resolution than my screen.. !?

I think my next bunch would be a series of flowers and nature.. and seems like great fun..

Thanks shadowcopalypse.. and tartan.. yes.. this one (Serene Falls) was more satisfactory..

Knacki.. Awesome to hear.. wasn't Lasergraphics into film scanning and printing..? or is yours another company..?

Love the folks here.. time to do a few more explorations paintings..

cheers :beer:
Intel Core I5 4440, ASUS Sabretooth Motherboard, 24 GB Ram, Zotak (Nvidia) GTX 770, HDD is WD, with a 500GB, SSD for scratch disk

Post Wed May 27, 2015 10:20 pm

Sorry, lasershow better said.
I am a freelancer working for several multimedia companies.
I am doing multimedia art.
Focus on entertainment.
Laser, video, videomapping, lights, water, fire, firework and so on.
I am focused on lasers and Video.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Post Thu May 28, 2015 8:07 pm

:ob Absolutely beautiful results! :bow: c:! I love the framing of the bamboo.
Visit: http://www.k4icy.com/ dA: https://www.deviantart.com/mikek4icy FB: mike.maynard.9277 email: mikek4icy@gmail.com
System Info: NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 (12Gb), AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 Ghz, 16 Gb, Windows 11

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Yeah, I think a million "friends" on the web and even great neighbors and community won't save an artist from the occasional drifting off into solitude. I'm almost certain we all can testify to that, but not all of us can express it so beautifully like you do. Really exciting to anticipate your next piece! :)

You can use "crop" to actually set any screen resolution, but be very careful about it, because of a number of pitfalls:
- your graphic memory has to handle those resolutions, because it all stays on the card while you're working on it.
- this "old" version has troubles saving 4k+ sizes, but I'll fix that for the next one
- during working on higher resolutions you might want to keep "high quality" off and it's likely that things get significantly slower, depending on your card.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:19 pm

detail.jpg
detail.jpg (53.79 KiB) Viewed 11800 times
monsoon01.jpg
monsoon01.jpg (168.5 KiB) Viewed 11800 times
Thanks Taron..

I am able to go up to 3k.. Then it seems to give up.. But I guess I'll be able to stay resolution free by going through adobe illustrator and vectorising it in high detail.. will update my config soon.. on my signature..

It's June.. and monsoon rains are around the corner here in India.. There's this stretch of mountains here called western ghats.. and while the rain pours and pours.. the rivers swell up.. waterfalls come up.. where none existed.. people still get out to do their day to day things.. :roll:

Here is a waterfall that is right alongside a railway track.. it really exists on the way to Goa.. from Bangalore.. added the tunnel for drama.. and the man with the multi-color umbrella as the seeker.. This is my second attempt at that waterfall.. still in 2 minds about whether I am happy or not.. :shrug:

Sure would like to hear what the people from the forum have to say.. Adding an additional frame for full rez detail.. Please keep the feedback coming..
Intel Core I5 4440, ASUS Sabretooth Motherboard, 24 GB Ram, Zotak (Nvidia) GTX 770, HDD is WD, with a 500GB, SSD for scratch disk

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:52 pm

Man, your work has such a photographic touch to them, as if you were taking a snapshot in your mind and reflected it perfectly through Verve. Great job! c:! :ob
Surely sounds a bit scary with all the flooding. I think you've conveyed the waterfalls just fine! They seem to have a massive scale! You also remain true to your solitary theme, which has already become your mark/signature for sure!

Although I am working on supporting ever higher resolutions, Verve's qualities may never really include very high resolutions. Everything within film scale should be perfectly fine. In my mind the majority of people won't ever get to see a massive print, but greatly enjoy viewing digital art on their monitors or other screens. I do mean this as an excuse to motivate some more contentment with working in cinema resolution and lower, but I still won't give up on pushing for 6k+. I do enjoy your spirit very much, using proper up-ressing solutions instead. :ob ...that is until I'm magically on top of this thing, of course. 8-)

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:57 am

great 20's !
LIKE*
More **
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks