Puppytear's works

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:33 am

Re: Puppytear's works

welcome to the forum @puppytear
cool study from a contemporary artist,

I'd suggest playing with the fluids since they add another layer of realism to the painting strokes, hotkeys are...
F = Fluidity
Shift F = Fluid Smudge

I wonder, have you changed the default canvas settings in your paintings?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:49 pm

Getting a hang of it. Here's a bit of a figure study, I feel like I learned a bunch about anatomy as well as Verve.

Thank you for the shortcuts (and the fantastic software :) ), Taron!! A question- working in one layer, I've noticed that when I erase strokes and try to paint over that area with low opacity, the first color that pops up is the one that was originally beneath and should be erased? Not that I'm complaining, more curious if it's intentional or a software quirk.

Eduardo, yet to touch the fluids, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.
I've not touched the default canvas setting beyond changing the dimensions- the brush I use is the default 9- it leaves a bit more texture than I'd like, but messing with fluidity will probably make that much less pronounced.

Edit: reposted the image, i think it got pulled off imgur because AI thought it was nude? no clue

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:44 am

Hehehe :hihi: that's funny with the imgur AI. :roll: ...I've had a thing where I made a disfigured monster in mid-morph, so to say, and it had one single breast with a nipple, really silly. The disfiguration wasn't a problem, the most horrible creature was no problem at all, but a single, small and totally not even skin colored breast made them block it. :shrug: :lol: Ridiculous.

SO, yeah, Verve's color transfer logic is really unusual to enable really fast fluids. In all versions until now it has this specific issue with erased places. I'm working on a more evolved approach, which will hopefully eliminate such issues in v1.0, but until then it's just something to be aware of.
I wasn't too concerned with it, because I looked at Verve as if it was a real canvas, where you would prime it (fill it) with a color and then paint on it. You wouldn't quite use Erase then anymore, hehehe, making it almost weird that I have it in there in the first place, but if you only do pencil like sketching it works just fine. Well... some weird compromises.

Anyway, great sketch! c:! And I kinda love the dirt around it. Gives it such a raw feeling! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:03 pm

Gotcha, just gonna go with underpainting then. Seems pretty reasonable. :D
Previous

Return to Your Artworks